So was using and epiphone special II for two years before I got my schecter hellraiser.
Due to it being such a not so good guitar, I never bothered with fret buzz because it was impossible to get rid of without really high action.

Now I have my schecter, and I'm getting some buzzing with the bottom frets in drop C tuning even when I have it a dunlop jazz III pick's thickness in height.

So my question is, what is a good brand of strings that are good for low tunings that can also be used in standard tuning?
ernie ball makes a skinny top heavy bottom that would be essentially ideal for drop c tuning. I don't like them in standard tuning, but they feel nice when dropped.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
guitar necks have to be set up to be straight at the string tension desired.from the dealer the guitar is set up for standard tuning with the provided strings almost universally. lowering the tuning or the guage of the strings lowers the tension on the neck which makes it bow away from the strings (relative to regular tuning and string guage) and lowers the action but not in a uniform way up and down the board. you have to get your guitar set up properly for whatever string guage/tuning combo you use it for.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
guitar necks have to be set up to be straight at the string tension desired.from the dealer the guitar is set up for standard tuning with the provided strings almost universally. lowering the tuning or the guage of the strings lowers the tension on the neck which makes it bow away from the strings (relative to regular tuning and string guage) and lowers the action but not in a uniform way up and down the board. you have to get your guitar set up properly for whatever string guage/tuning combo you use it for.

And how much would it cost to do such a task? Or is it easy to do by yourself?

I just realized my friend uses D'Addariio's. Might have to check them out
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
And how much would it cost to do such a task? Or is it easy to do by yourself?

I just realized my friend uses D'Addariio's. Might have to check them out

youd have to adjust the action and intonation and possibly the truss rod. if you havent done it before i wouldnt make your first time on your main axe.
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X
ernie ball makes a skinny top heavy bottom that would be essentially ideal for drop c tuning. I don't like them in standard tuning, but they feel nice when dropped.

I use those on both of my guitars. .10-.52.
They're great, I reccomend them
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
youd have to adjust the action and intonation and possibly the truss rod. if you havent done it before i wouldnt make your first time on your main axe.

Oh, okay.
I thought you meant some big adjustments, which kind of scared me

So I'll definitely try out the two types of strings in the next couple of months.

Thanks guys
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X

From experience,

Skinny top heavy bottom ernie ball's are awesome. Feel great for me.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
i use couple brands of strings but i mainly use DR or Dunlop strings for dropped tuning but as for the fret buzz it either your guitar is not setup correctly or needs fret work.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X

+1 For these. I use them in standard personally, and then they work great if you want to tune down slightly... Good strings if you change tunings a lot. Personally I think Drop C would be pushing it, but if you like light strings it may work out quite well.
If you play in drop C all the time, give GHS zakk wylde boomers a go. If you play in a few dropped tunings just get some thicker strings (maybe 12 or 13 guage, depending on how low you go). Whatever you do though, get a pro to set your guitar up for the new strings.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?