Useless slap switch aside, it is actually amazing for slap. Has a lot of "ding" to it and nice string spacing.

I don't see whats wrong with the fretboard personally. Even if it ain't real wood, the bass sounds fine. And it's like, how much blacker can this get? And the answer is none, none more black.
It's a little niggle at the back of my mind when I'm playing it. That and it's very clacky. I'm going to get a decent neck with a rosewood fretboard.
Other than the fretboard this is an excellent bass, buy it now.
Talkbass.com is praising it. I was thinking about getting one for myself in white. MMMMMMMmmmm
I'm going out today to see if I can pick one up. I'll let you guys know.
I forgot about this thread. I tried out two black ones at guitar center and I didn't really like them. The neck was way too thin and flat for me, so I didn't even bother plugging it in. If it doesn't feel right, then why would I want to play it. The neck is like a cracker.
Quote by Mecler
I forgot about this thread. I tried out two black ones at guitar center and I didn't really like them. The neck was way too thin and flat for me, so I didn't even bother plugging it in. If it doesn't feel right, then why would I want to play it. The neck is like a cracker.

Thanks anyway man.
Interesting to note that the Squier 5-strings have considerably thicker nut widths than Fender 5-strings (which have significantly wider nut widths than many contemporary 5-strings such as Warwick and MusicMan).

However, I'll never, ever, ever figure out what possesses Fender to release trans finishes on bodies that are multiple pieces of basswood...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I always walk past one of these at a guitar shop and it's starting to influence me into buying it just to have fun with.

Imagine an Olympic White finish with gold hardwear? Lovely. Then there's the width of the nut, 51mm, I would HAVE to make it a 6 stringer.

Saying all of that, i've not played it yet. I gotta try it out. Purely on looks, I want it though.