I'm looking at probly 600 bucks to spend...it aint much, I know, but it's what I've got lol

so what I'm looking for, is either a half stack or another good gig amp that would be affordable at my level

My style is around the Metallicaish thrash sound...but I do branch out into more diverse stuff (blues, classic rock, jazz, metal).

My cleans change alot, but I do tend to have a very Brian Setzery tone lol, that or Slashish...

anywayz, any help is very appreciated!

Peace, Love, Rock
Save up and get a used marshall tsl60 or a Peavy 6505. you could atleast get the peavey head for that much and there awesome. Don't buy a shitty solid state half stack and waste your money. Such as a mg halfstack or a spider, or a raven.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Bugera 333XL combo. Extremely versatile. People seem to complain the reliability of Bugera, but 90 percent of the time is just a tube problem, nothing a tube change wont fix.

You don't really need a halfstack to gig with. Yeah it looks cooler, but a 120w combo is probably too loud anyway.
Last edited by Ignite at Nov 16, 2008,
You could get a Peavey Valveking 212 Combo for a little over $600, it's 100 watts tube too
brian setzer and metallica will be extremely hard to achieve.

But I think the closest would be a used peavey classic 30, maybe a 50 if you can find one in your price range. They have nice cleans, and with an overdrive pedal you'll be able to push it to metallica

and they're loud as ****. and alot easier to carry around than a halfstack which is totally unnecessary.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
BUGERA BUGERA BUGERA

333xl 212
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by Ignite
Bugera 333XL combo. Extremely versatile. People seem to complain the reliability of Bugera, but 90 percent of the time is just a tube problem, nothing a tube change wont fix.

You don't really need a halfstack to gig with. Yeah it looks cooler, but a 120w combo is probably too loud anyway.

This, I can't wait till I get my Bugera.
For everyone screaming bugera, get the original, buy the peavey they pwn, and if you don't want to spend around 600 bucks on just the head, get the 2x12 combo its louder then anything you could possibly need. Peavey 6505 all the way.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by Ignite

This. My 333XL combo is louder than my entire Jazz band on roughly 4. And you really can play anything with it. Read my review!

BTW, mine did break, but it was a preamp tube problem and they fixed it for free. But if it does break, call them rather than email them. It seems like a lot of the emails I sent didn't ever get responses, when I called and told them my story they immediately fixed my problem.