why the ibanez RG2EX1 now have v7/v8 pickups instead of the "Designed by EMG"?? are they better or what? thanks
V8 and V7 are the "Designed" ones, if I remember correctly. Swap them anyway.
ಠ_ಠ
yes im considering to buy it in musicianfriends

and nop, the newer versions of the rg2ex1 has v8 and v7 pickups, before they were "dual designed by emg pickups"

EMM I dont have any other pickups to swap them for the stock pickups, and i dont have money for moment, so im looking for the guitar with the BEST STOCK PICKUPS, and i heard that rg2ex1 has a pretty good sound, but the people that say so, have the older version of the guitar, the emg designed. so i dont know if ibanez changed the pickups for good.
V7/V8 were used on low end Ibanez Prestige (think RG1570) up until recently.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The pickups aren't bad, nor have they ever been bad, they're just not as good as the legit dimarzios.

Same is with EMG's.

If you're concerned about not having enough money, why not buy the guitar used and then buy new pickups with the money you save?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
well i have had problems with used stuff, so i dont like to buy that way. so the v7/v8 pickups arent bad as stock pickups? umm are they better than those IFNs stock pickups?
Quote by Underblaze
well i have had problems with used stuff, so i dont like to buy that way. so the v7/v8 pickups arent bad as stock pickups? umm are they better than those IFNs stock pickups?

Dont worry about the stock pups there not bad i have an RG2EX2 and they sound fine. Btw all pickups that come with a guitar out of the factory, are stock.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Dont worry about the stock pups there not bad i have an RG2EX2 and they sound fine. Btw all pickups that come with a guitar out of the factory, are stock.

what is the difference between the RG2EX1 and your RG2EX2?? what pickups comes with the ex2?