so, i need an amp. i play in the style of Saosin, The Fall of Troy, The Used, and My Chemical Romance. my budget is up to $600. going used is fine. i do play shows.

oh, and i was checking out the Orange Tiny Terror, but nowhere around has it. i know its only 15 watts, but ive heard its plenty loud.
but if anyone has it, is it loud enough to hear over drums easily in practice? and can it get distorted much? ive never had a tube amp, but i can buy an overdrive pedal if i need more distortion right?
Last edited by xrawrockkillsx at Nov 15, 2008,
Quote by Skierinanutshel
the tiny terror is 15w/7w, and has a volume, tone, and gain knob.

i definately was thinking about another amp while i wrote that... but i do want to know about the tiny terror
Yeah, it's 15/7 tube watts. So it's nice and loud. It sounds great too, but I doubt 15W solid-state or tube would be heard over drums. Over 30 tube watts should be fine, but most Oranges over 30 watts cost at least a thousand dollars.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Quote by Karlboy
Yeah, it's 15/7 tube watts. So it's nice and loud. It sounds great too, but I doubt 15W solid-state or tube would be heard over drums. Over 30 tube watts should be fine, but most Oranges over 30 watts cost at least a thousand dollars.

i know. thats why i was asking about the Tiny Terror. i played the one that Thomas Erak (from the fall of troy) has, the names gotten away from me right now, but its sexy as hell. im mostly trying to get an amp to have while i save up to buy that one cause my current one just broke.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
so, i need an amp. i play in the style of Saosin, The Fall of Troy, The Used, and My Chemical Romance. my budget is up to $600. going used is fine. i do play shows.

oh, and i was checking out the Orange Tiny Terror, but nowhere around has it. i know its only 15 watts, but ive heard its plenty loud.
but if anyone has it, is it loud enough to hear over drums easily in practice? and can it get distorted much? ive never had a tube amp, but i can buy an overdrive pedal if i need more distortion right?

Quote by Karlboy

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=P-PHqs4zBAc

There's your answer.
You're*