what do you think of this bass? I'm saving up for it and hope to have it soon...
is it a good buy?
plz help me
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Standard-P-Bass-Special-4String-Bass-Guitar?sku=510569
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
Its better than you current Dean and I like the over all looks of the bass with the J neck and the P body. The only thing I am not gassed about is the Agathis body.

Now if this was your first bass I'd be more enthusiastic--its a great starter bass. Another option would be to look at Ibanez basses with similar pup configurations. You can get a good midrange SR for a bit more cash at hand. Or look for used MIM Fenders, which would up the quality on the body wood a bit.
bump
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
I think it looks great! i was considaring one of these myself when I first started, and the bass I have now is very similar to it, same pup config, same brand, etc. For $250, you can't go wrong.
It's a good bass for the price, but if you're looking to upgrade inside that budget, I'd go used. The Squier is better than the Dean, but it's still a beginner bass. Check eBay.

You can get most of the old 80's MIA Peaveys in that price range....they're really awesome basses.
Nope, no sig here.