Alright, so thanks guys for recommending me an amp for myself. A fender HRD is heading my way.

But, for my cousin, I plan on getting him an amp for christmas. Budget is up to $300. Hopefully around $250. But, tube would be nice, but something like a Vox is fine as I've heard they are quality. (actually I'm kinda leaning towards Vox from what I've played on them at GC.
He like to play stuff from the Arctic Monkeys, Strokes, Incubus, Jimmy Eat World. So nothing too heavy.

Thanks UG, Dillon.
Weekend Warrior
I have heard good reports on the Peavey 6505, never tried it before but maybe that would work.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
^^Isn't the 6505 pretty heavy? And it's over 1000.

And thanks GNR, really excited about it.
Weekend Warrior
Last edited by ML_Guitar09 at Nov 15, 2008,
Good on the HRD, I'm getting one too.

For your cousin, if he's not into anything too heavy maybe a Crate V-18? Or failing that, a Vox Valvetronix sounds like your best bet.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Highwaytohell
Crate V-33

/Thread

This.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the V33, while being a 2 channel amp, has 2 completely different voiced channels with a shared EQ. Channel switching in a live situation is not recommended (by me) because it will make the other channel unusable if you dial one in right.

did that make sense?