Hi Guys.

Found an awesome australian new wave band, called the Infidels. They're pretty obscure, but they're a good listen.

I can't find a myspace page or a wikipedia page, but a guy called Bruce has written about them a bit *link removed*

They remind me of VERY calm New Wave goth stuff, it's a fun listen on downtime from smashing the state.

It's taking forever to NOT download, but I'll check it out.

How'd you discover them?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
I did NOT know that there was a link to rapidshare on that blog site.

I got directed to that page while I was NOT looking for SK's new album.

EDIT: The drums put one in mind of C&W. 'Vivien Leigh' is a great song.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Nov 16, 2008,
People can PM you if they're interested in knowing the content of the link I just removed.
I was going to listen to some NEW WAVE music, but it appears the link has been removed!

Who would ever do such a thing? *cough*fascists*cough*

Quote by RockThe40oz
Snitch

Sticks and stones may break my bones...

Bumblef*ck rednecks, on the other hand will never hurt me, because in the daytime they plough corn and their daughters, and at night they dress in sheets and pillowcases and set fire to crosses whilst doing puppetry with black people.

So, y'know, don't mess with Brian, he has a cutting tongue!

This band are pretty good, despite their obscurity - you really do have to look for all the best stuff!

Another band worth checking out if you like this is the Triffids, and obviously, the Church, too. Both are cool.
Haven't you ever read 'the day of the triffids'?

A Triffid is a carniverous plant (like a venus flytrap) brought to earth by unknown origins. Except that they're more than just a plant, they move and act like humanoids. A man who was one of the first people to experience Triffids gets hurt by one, and is temporarily blinded, and goes to hospital.

While this is happening, there is an unprecdented meteorite shower over earth, at the climax of which a flare blinds everyone who watches (99% of people on earth). And the story is about that.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXEA7_y344&feature=related

Here's a trailer for the film.

The triffids are presumerably named after the plants. Live, they sound like a cross between Bauhaus and the Doors, but in the studio they sound much weaker.