Hey guys, ive had a digitech RP90 for a while now, and i havent plugged it into my valveking considering my VK's have broken down 4 times, and now i want to use it.

What i did before was put one cord into my guitar and into the "input", of the pedal. i then got another cord and put it in the "Left (Mono) Out", and put it into my main input on my amp.

however in the manual it says to put it in the effect return.

am i doing it right or wrong? i use a peavey valveking 212 combo amp with send/return effects inputs.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Last edited by SOADriff at Nov 16, 2008,
No that is correct. What that means is if your amp has an FX Loop (It's a whole second set of jacks either ont he front or rear of the amp) that usually has a "Send" and a "Receive/Return" jack, basically:

If you use the FX Loop you'd plug your guitar into the amp input like usual, and run a cable form the FX loop's send into your pedals input, then from the pedal's out into the FX loops receive. (FX Loop Send > Pedal Input > FX Loop Receive)

This allows for a few more tonal possibilities as your effect pedals would take effect after the preamp has made changes to the guitar signal, rather than before.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
hmm so should i use the send/return?
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
hmm so should i use the send/return?

Try it both ways. Go with the one that you think sounds best.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
Try it both ways. Go with the one that you think sounds best.

Exactly. The big downside to using the FX Loop (short of maybe not appreciating the sound completely) is you need an extra shielded cable to run from it.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."