Poll Options
View poll results: Bear Grylls vs Les Stroud
Les Stroud
27 73%
Bear Grylls
10 27%
Voters: 37.
Bear Grylls

- XTREME!!!!! as in he eats tons of disgusting stuff, and actually re-enacted the ton-ton scene from Star Wars. (he cut open a dead camel and lived in it....WTF
-Ex-French Foreign Legion
-Bad ass to the max

Les Stroud
-A somewhat normal human
-not excessively extreme in his survival tips/methods
-Actually shows how a normal person would survive
-Films his show himself, alone.

Now don't get me wrong, both shows are awesome, but this is strictly for who is the better survival teacher.

I personally think that Les Stroud is, since he is as close to a normal human then Bear.

Most of Bear's episodes start with him falling out of a plane landing on a mountain side, sliding to the bottom, and then doing cartwheels while eating live rabbits then he says vit a mins not vite a mins, hate that shit...

Although, he does give solid tips, he sometimes will say, "If you are lost climb this tree and see where you are", then he will continue to scale a 65 foot pine tree.. normal people can't usually do that.

He is also accompanied by 3 people as part of his camera/sound crew. They have tents, and food incase Bear does not find anything to eat, which is rare since he has proven he will eat anything... but in a survival situation you would usually be alone, not always but usually.

Show is still awesome, but more in a entertainment way than education.

Les Stroud on the other hand, goes into the wilderness alone, and will often create a scenario of why he is stranded, like 'his plane crashed and his left arm was broken, and he would do the whole show with his left arm in a sling.

He goes alone, while carrying around 40 lbs of camera equipment, wasting time, and energy to make sure he gets good shots.

Then when Les shows you how to 'survive' he will often give tips on how to make a great shelter, start a fire etc. etc. and so far I have not seen him do anything that would require an insane amount of skill to do...i.e. scale a waterfall or some crap. He also is not careless like Bears.

Sorry if this sounds bias, but it isn't I really enjoy both shows, this is just so I can see what other people think about Who is the better survival teacher.

I realize that some people are going to freak out with me polluting the forum with a repeated poll but whatever, I searched and found 2, that where not done well.

Poll coming.

tl;dr
Bear Grylls or Les Stroud, who is the better survival teacher?
i say bear. I mean shit, the man is named bear
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd rather have a book.

or be fighting the man

what?

You'd rather have a book or be fightint the man.... what?
from what i red on wikipedia les is the better teacher.......he seems less extreme and more able to help the common man
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Quote by GArrigan
from what i red on wikipedia les is the better teacher.......he seems less extreme and more able to help the common man

that's what I mean.
les

Survivorman > Man vs. Wild
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Les for sure. Man Vs. Wild is just the over-produced, over-achieving brother of Surviorman, the original show that has soul.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Tonight I was watching Man vs. Wild with my family.

and I thought it'd be badass to take Both Les, and Bear,

Dump their asses off somewhere, and see which one of them can last the longest surviving, or find their way to civilization.
BEAR GRYLLS IS THE BEST.

Bear grylls may have a crew that will save his life if he is serious lifethreating danger but he is only supposed to show u what to do.

Bear grylls doesn't bring food. Just his Knife (which i don't understand how he got that onto a helicopter or airplane) to kill various animals.

I won't lie, Les is cool but EVERYONE HAS TO ADMIT---WHO IS REALLY MORE ENTERTAINING?
BEAR "THE WILDMAN" GRYLLS

Bear Grylls doesn't stay in a hotel each night unlike Les.
Bear...

...if they were both alone in the wild, Les would be fucked.

Bear would kill him, and eat him.
Quote by Haustinj
BEAR GRYLLS IS THE BEST.

Bear grylls may have a crew that will save his life if he is serious lifethreating danger but he is only supposed to show u what to do.

Bear grylls doesn't bring food. Just his Knife (which i don't understand how he got that onto a helicopter or airplane) to kill various animals.

I won't lie, Les is cool but EVERYONE HAS TO ADMIT---WHO IS REALLY MORE ENTERTAINING?

so... basically you completely ignored what this was about... I said bears was more entertaining, but les teaches you more...

and What the **** do you mean bear doesnt stay in a hotel each night, unlike les......

Bear actually has a ****ing farm/mansion thing in france, les lives in the woods in a cabin....
Quote by Josh Shiells
Bear...

...if they were both alone in the wild, Les would be fucked.

Bear would kill him, and eat him.

on a 1v1 battle beast would **** les's shit up but les i think, is a smarter survivor
Quote by Haustinj
BEAR GRYLLS IS THE BEST.

That last sentance is backwards, retard. Pay attention or go fuck a doorknob.

And I loved, emphasis on LOVED, Man VS. Wild til' that story came out. Now it just isn't as good knowing it could be staged.

Les is alone and carrying extra shit, which would suck way harder than what Bear has to do. They're both awesome in ways, but Les makes it seem like it's a real-life situation because nobody else is there.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
no vs. threadS@!@!!!!

but bear gryllls is the man. that guy slept iinside a dead camel, at a live snake, and drank the juice from elephant shit. that man is awesome.