What video games that were on old generations would you like to see redone next gen.

Mine are:

Final Fantasy VIII
Ocarina of Time

kind of unoriginal picks, but only two I reaaaaally want to play next gen.
Leisure Suit Larry 1-7
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
FFVI, VIII, IX, MGS3, Legend of Dragoon, Hearts of Iron
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
how about Chrono Trigger?

Greatest game of all time... fetches around 120 bucks on e-bay

(and I own it!!!!)
Quote by whatadrag

(and I own it!!!!)

is the one coming out on DS, the same, or no? if it is I think ill grab both.

also Judge Dredd
Quote by Fishyesque
FFVI, VIII, IX, MGS3, Legend of Dragoon, Hearts of Iron

Yes!!!

+ 1
Gear:
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
ESP EC-400
TS-9 DX
Stagg Strat-a-like
MIJ Boss CE-2
Quote by whatadrag

(and I own it!!!!)

Chrono Trigger fo sho!

Greatest game of all time. SNES version > PSX version i'd say.
anyone play Chrono Cross? How was that compared to Trigger?
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
Quote by Paquijón
Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3
Super Mario Bros 1-3.

would they still be side scrollers, because I would fap it to a next gen super mario world...

only thing is, side scrolling isn't exactly 'next=gen'... but it could work.
Quote by darksauce
Chrono Trigger fo sho!

nowhere near it man...

Never played it myself, but from watching my brother fly through it, it seemed too easy and just kinda boring..
I'm scared if they did Ocarina of Time again they'd butcher it. No way I want a brilliant game like that screwed royally.
Sigs are overrated.
Quote by themadness 1234
would they still be side scrollers, because I would fap it to a next gen super mario world...

only thing is, side scrolling isn't exactly 'next=gen'... but it could work.

did you play "The NEW Super Mario Bros" on the DS...it's actually quite nice(and side-scroll)

...also side-scrolling Worms
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
FF7 for sure. best RPG ever made. amazing story.
I spent so many hours on that game.
Quote by dannyboy14
I'm scared if they did Ocarina of Time again they'd butcher it. No way I want a brilliant game like that screwed royally.

Well, when hoping for a re-make I don't try to think of how they will butcher it.

I mean, they basically keep the script, re-do it without changing anything in story, or barely-none of the gameplay, and taking the sound track and having it re-done with a symphony orchestra..

same with FFVIII, keep the story, script, gameplay, maps etc. etc. just super upgrade the graphics and tunez and bam, instant best seller. I don't care if it wouldn't be as 'memorable' or whatever as the original, I have both right infront of me and played some of both today, I just want it to be a slightly new expierience, and I believe that the sound and graphics would do that. also, if that made no sense, I am on 2 hours of sleep so bare with me.
Quote by iconz
FF7 for sure. best RPG ever made. amazing story.
I spent so many hours on that game.

Idk if you saw Advent Children, but with the PS3, and its over hyped cell core processor blah blah blah thing they should be able to get FFVIII to look like that.
Quote by themadness 1234
Idk if you saw Advent Children, but with the PS3, and its over hyped cell core processor blah blah blah thing they should be able to get FFVIII to look like that.

I did see that. I dont think the movie was all that good, but the animation was sick.
If they could get FFVII to look like that, I would nut.
Quote by iconz
I did see that. I dont think the movie was all that good, but the animation was sick.
If they could get FFVII to look like that, I would nut.

If they re=made FFVIII for ps3, i would buy one just for that game, and if it looked like that, id quit my shit job and play as much as possible before school starts.
Quote by whatadrag

(and I own it!!!!)

that game is awesome...I got stuck and never beat it tho
Kid Icarus 3d version.
I heard they're making one and it won't be like the old ones where you just jump and shoot arrows, it'll be more like an adventure game.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by darksauce
Chrono Trigger fo sho!

I'd be furious if they made a next-gen anything out of Chrono Trigger. It's amazing as it is.

Also, Chrono Cross is quite amazing as well. I really can't compare it to Chrono Trigger, though. They're two drastically different games. Chrono Cross has a much, MUCH heavier, more melancholic mood and atmosphere than Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross is also slower. It doesn't hold the game back at all, it's just a different pace. If you're into RPGs, you'd probably like it. If you're interested only because you liked the first one, you'll probably find it to be a bit of a disappointment.

EDIT: If I was going to see an older game brought into the next-gen, it would probably be the first Soul Reaver game. It kicked the shit out of the other two. The story progression was better and more consistent and the gameplay was amazing. If that game was prettied up and given higher sound quality without making any changes to the core gameplay or story, it would be even more of an absolute gem than it already is.
Last edited by madbasslover at Nov 16, 2008,
Quote by whatadrag
nowhere near it man...

Never played it myself, but from watching my brother fly through it, it seemed too easy and just kinda boring..

I disagree, it was pretty difficult but very rewarding. It had some interesting ties to Chrono Trigger but ultimately it was it's on game. The ending was epic.
Doom and Doom 2. Those with nothing changed except control schemes, graphics and sound would be awesome.

also, the original Halo. I know its not very old but that games campaign was awesome, and seeing it remade with like the Halo 3 engine or something would be orgasmic.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst