hey, I was looking on a Australian website today, just being curious and I saw a Marshall DSL401 combo, I was just wondering if they are any good. I am wanting to get a new amp sometime next year so I am just looking for something for when the time comes around. The tone I want out of it, is generally just something along the lines of bluesy, nice overdrive and then something clean aswell. So any info could be great.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
You really need to be more specific than "nice overdrive". There are very likely better amps in your price range than the DSL, depending on what you're looking for.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Which site? There are better than the DSL available, but if you can haggle a bit you might just score a sweet deal.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Their very nice, on od2 the treble is a bit fuzzy but otherwise very nice,

How much were you looking at paying for it?
Well being in Australia i think i found it for around $1400aus but i was just beening curious as to what its like. i will still more than likely get the classic 30.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
My opinion dont buy anything on marshalls low ball of tubes amps.

Look at old used amps like the JCM900, great amps.