1) I need a good chromatic pedal tuner. I know. This should be something of an easy topic to end, but does anyone have one that they just love? I'm using the tuner built into my amp currently, and having just started playing predominantly in drop c... I need something more than EADGBe. Thanks.

2) Slightly wider topic. I was thinking about buying a 7 string for the heavier stuff I play. And I was looking either at a Schecter Damien 7 (emg actives) or a Schecter C7. I'm extremely biased, because I own a diamond series Schecter (six string) and love it, but I was thinking maybe I should wait to save up a bit more money first and get a fairly high-end instrument. Does anyone have any suggestions here? By "heavy" stuff, I'm talking stuff like The Faceless, Daath, Between the Buried and Me, Cephalic Carnage, etc. Not Pantera. Also, what're your favorite pickups for such music?

Feedback would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks, guys.
My Rig:
Schecter 006 Diamond Series (Discontinued) Flat Black
Jackson JS30RR Metallic Blue
Line 6 Spider II 210
Boss TU-2
Sennheiser E835-S

Current Top 3:
Between the Buried and Me (Always)
The Faceless
Murder By Death
dont get 7 string, just get thicker gauge strings, and tune down to c or whatever u tune to, itll sound heavier with thicker strings, 7 strings are just pointless imo
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
Boss is always good.
My Rig:
Line 6 Spider II 210
Boss TU-2
Sennheiser E835-S

Current Top 3:
The Faceless
Murder By Death
yeah dont get a 7 string. and emg-81, 85 active pickups are my favorite. if you want a schecter get a shecter c-1 hellraiser fr. it's a great guitar.
Quote by AnOblivion
Boss is always good.

Not always, but the TU-2 is one of the most common pedals I see on stage (even when the artist is not using any other Boss pedals).
Yeah. I just haven't had anything to complain about with the boss stuff I've USED at least. But thanks for the input.

I got a buddy who's got a hellraiser. It's a beautiful damn guitar. I've been told by a bunch of people not to use active pickups, though. And to be honest, I've never tried.

Any light there?
My Rig:
Line 6 Spider II 210
Boss TU-2
Sennheiser E835-S

Current Top 3:
The Faceless
Murder By Death
korg pitchblack?
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
the korg pitchblack is one of the best ones under a hundred bucks.

ive got it, own a lot of pedals and junk, and the korg is pretty cool imo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011