Im in need of some help as to what good, inexpensive and powerful bass amps there are.

Im a guitarist so don't really have a clue but i expect to be playing a Westone Thuder active bass through it. It will need to be plenty powerful with very strong deep tones, be able to take a muff well and be loud enough for small gigs.

Im going to go used and have probably about £300 to spend so what do i get?
Get an Ashdown, Preferebly a Perfect ten model. But if you find a better one in your budget then get it. But try to get an Ashdown Amp
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
I've never been disappointed by a Laney. If you're in the UK definitely look at them and Ashdown.
Y do look into ashdown but there practise amp range is crap. The mag, abm, clasic are excellent and hopefully the new us series will be good.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
For £270 I got my Ashdown MAG300 115 combo so £300 can get you much more than the shoddy Ashdown practice range!
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
If you go to Gak or Fairdeal music (birmingham, but they have a website) you can get a Laney RB8 for around £300. I think Reverb also stock ashdown still, but am not sure as to their prices.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?
If you dont mind used gear. I'd say do that. I got my 2x12 cab and head for $150(US) combined($60 for the cab, $90 for the head). Ive had no problems with either, minus some visual defects, and Im thinking I got a great deal. Dont be afraid to look for used gear, you never know what you'll find
i.play
||
supported.by
||

"...If you think you're alive, you're better off dead"