The Story:

As I was a small kid, i got this SG310 Emily the Strange After playing it a few weeks, i begann to hate it.
But then I got my new guitar (which i really adore ) and i didnt play Emily anylonger...
After reading so much about customizing here in this forums, i got this
From an old broken Fender Acoustic I got a Preamp and the Piezo, and i decided to put this into my Emily. So i taped the Piezo on my guitar and it sounded pretty good, and thats why i begann to sand down Emily. Good bye, dumb design.

The Work + (blury) Pics:

I begann to sand down Emily. A really hard work, because it was much to much paint on it... The painter must have been a real dumbass

sanding down Emily
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
After sanding down emily i had a lot of holes in the guitar, and i'm not sure if this was my fault or just a bad paintjob (the guitar had cost me about 175€, so i didnt expected to much, but that was just ).,

So i got a guitar with holes in it, and for the Preamp

Fender Preamp

I had to cut a hole into the body. That was harder as i expected, and i noticed that the wood was really, uh, shit.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

But, after severall atempts, i managed it, and thats it:

The hole for the Preamp

The Body with the Hardware + Preamp

Preamp only

And the Piezo:

Piezo in his hole between the bridge

The What-to-Do:

- a new, smoother sanding down
- new electronics (the old were really ugly)
- sanding down of the headstock and the rest of the body
- repairing some of the holes
- a new paint job (any suggestions)

After all i learned alot through making this, and for the first time that i did this, its not that bad i think

So, thats it, tell me what you think

Gear:

My Lyrics and Poems

Last edited by OrangeWalls at Nov 16, 2008,
i honestly dont know why epi makes these guitars, they are an insult to the sexy of the sg. angus and pete would be sad
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
hey just wanted to let you kno that you can get those bushings out if you want to. heres a tutorial i used when i redid an epi sg

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-remove-Tune-o-Matic-bushings-from-Les-Paul-/

its actually a really slick little design and works great. Just thought id try to make ur work easier
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
...Doesn't it look like the guitar had two layers of that design? From the lines that the sanding reveals it seems like the design was applied and then there's a layer of black and then the Emily design again.
They werent dumbasses they just lay the paint on thick. It takes alot of work to sand it all off. And not sure how well the piezo is going to work the way its installed. They are always in the saddles or under the bridge. Where its at hows the string pressure going to get to the piezo.
Quote by Kolanski
hey just wanted to let you kno that you can get those bushings out if you want to. heres a tutorial i used when i redid an epi sg

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-remove-Tune-o-Matic-bushings-from-Les-Paul-/

its actually a really slick little design and works great. Just thought id try to make ur work easier

Thx alot This will make my work much easier

Quote by Pikka Bird
...Doesn't it look like the guitar had two layers of that design? From the lines that the sanding reveals it seems like the design was applied and then there's a layer of black and then the Emily design again.

Thats exactley what i thought. But no idea why they did this. I think they applied every colour for its own, and this twice...

Quote by Tackleberry
They werent dumbasses they just lay the paint on thick. It takes alot of work to sand it all off. And not sure how well the piezo is going to work the way its installed. They are always in the saddles or under the bridge. Where its at hows the string pressure going to get to the piezo.

But why? there's no sense in making the paint that thick... And for the piezo... You can't see it on the pictures, but the top of the piezo is turned towards the bridge. After i will cover it with a plate of wood or metal (dont know what will better), there will be enough pressure and vibrations throug the body so that the piezo will work. At least thats what i hope
Gear:

My Lyrics and Poems

yea it does make it easier then you just sand right over the holes. just make sure u blow out all the paint dust before you spray other wise it gets in the finish... found that one out the hard way
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
Quote by OrangeWalls
Thx alot This will make my work much easier

Thats exactley what i thought. But no idea why they did this. I think they applied every colour for its own, and this twice...

But why? there's no sense in making the paint that thick... And for the piezo... You can't see it on the pictures, but the top of the piezo is turned towards the bridge. After i will cover it with a plate of wood or metal (dont know what will better), there will be enough pressure and vibrations throug the body so that the piezo will work. At least thats what i hope

That's just the way epi does it alot of poly. I sanded down an epi neck and it took forever to get through it. I have hear of people sanding half the paint off than polishing it to make the paint thinner.
I got question/suggestion... That Piezo P'up you put in.... it's sitting between your bridge and tailpeice, now... to me, that seems kind of... like it won't work. You might want to get one of the tune-o-matic bridges with piezo transducers in the saddles so that you get a better tone.

also, when you were a small kid when you got that guitar? It's only been out for a few years.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme

also, when you were a small kid when you got that guitar? It's only been out for a few years.

You got me 3 or 4 years ago... I was 14, so i was a little child.

Okay So i got some ideas the paintjob. Tell me what you guys think:

The body:

And the head:

Sorry for my bad skills in photoshop...
Gear:

My Lyrics and Poems

the headstock looks great the body... umm to be honest i really dont know whats going on there... i mean maybe some explanation would help but i don't im just really confused
Quote by Dr. House