can someone explain, in retard terms, how you would come up with intervals for harmony? like how you know how many notes above (or below) another sound good
Quote by leavesandman
i hope your children get aids

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

Member Number 11 of Metallica Mensa
Last edited by hammett11 at Nov 16, 2008,
Mmm I dont know.. but take for example the E minor scale (E F# G A B C D) ... Lets say you play the notes: E G F# (1-3-2) ... and you want the harmony to be in 3rds .. you start by the 3rd note of the E minor scale.. E=1 F#=2 G=3 , so you start on the G note.. and play exactly the same.. so it would be G B A (3-5-4). I dont know if thats correct.. just trying to help.
Quote by pataldo
3rd's, 6th's and 8th's (octaves) are the usual harmonies.

those terms arnt retarded enough.... im pretty new to theory... you mean like a harmony to E in 3rds would be F#?
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

Hey hammet, umm, take a simpler key for starter.....
C,D,E,F,G,A,B,C
C & E are thirds.
three white notes [ on the piano ] apart to eachother, E & G is also a third to eachother, btw, rememebr to count the note you start on andd finish on.
3rds are [debatably] the nicest/mostbasic sounding harmonies in intervals as they form the basic C chord for example, C- E- G.
Hope this helped =]
okay, I think I get it... thanks a lot to all of you
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson