Yesterday, I went to a guitar shop to try some guitars out, and I played three different LP models. An Epiphone, a Burny, and a Vintage. To be perfectly honest, except for the Vintage, which had P-90's, I was hard pressed to find any great difference in tone. Even the Vintage sounded pretty similar, just a bit brighter. Am I completely tone deaf, or is there really that little difference between one guitar and another?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
What kinda amp were you playing through?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Darn, I forgot. But I was using the same amp for all three, and I kept the settings the same.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
If the amp was a solid state, you may not get as much tonal differences from the guitars...right?
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Not necessarily.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.