Page 1 of 2
All he did was shred. There are a lot of great filipino guitarist but he's not one of them. Is he from sorsogon also?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I say oh joy to the guy who can shred a bit. It's boring and unnoriginal and pointless. I may sound jealous but i'm not cause i'm partial to a bit of mindless shred at times but NEVER to impress someone.

EDIT: Prisoner5, i'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic you complete spastik.

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Last edited by EEE_ELLL_OHH at Nov 16, 2008,
Nope. Im from qc.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Quote by x Misanthropy x
absolute rubbish, i hate when people just shred on the chromatic scale.

For the most part that is all he did. He did do a bit more then the chromatic thing though...mostly symmetrical patterns. He wasn't too bad though.
He is fast but this not means that he is a great guitarist. Maybe he can play even faster but he don't know chords and other stuffs, who know?
Let me know when you guys find a musician.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Poor.
So he can shred, so he can show off, so what. If he'd have actually put some thought into it and not just shredded mindlessly on a scale he'd look like a god.
Nice guitar though, that's about all that makes that worth watching.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Really the amount of people that bash shred will be the ones that answer to this thread. So the guy is at a disadvantage...I think he would be at a disadvantage too though if the shred forum would jump in here. Considering it is just chromatics and symmetrical patterns.
Quote by Kelvster xp
Oooh.. i see.. how did you know he came from Sorsogon.?? instincts?

It says in your profile. Then you said at the first post "our town".
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

you really sound great.. especially the enter sandman cover.. i like it.. our internet's not that fast perhaps i'll check this out later..
From what it says, it's not even his guitar, he's just in the store doing that.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Eh, All he did was shred. He's good, but he screwed up the sweeps at one part
Quote by ChucklesMginty
He's very good, people don't like it because he's not white, and also his guitar went out of tune when he did the sweeping.

Yea, I hate Asians.

Ever consider that maybe not everyone likes bullshit noise?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
Really the amount of people that bash shred will be the ones that answer to this thread. So the guy is at a disadvantage...I think he would be at a disadvantage too though if the shred forum would jump in here. Considering it is just chromatics and symmetrical patterns.

the problem is, it is NOTHING more than a uninspired chromatic shred.

If he cared to put in some harmonic pattern it could sound okay, but all he did was well...

basically....

do a kirk hammet live "solo"
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
If he's you, he sucks.

If he's anyone else, I'm not impressed by that kind of playing.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Nacho Cheese!

the people who answered the thread watched the video AFTER they clicked on the thread, they didnt know that the guy in the video would shred, and, come on, theres nothing wrong whit shredding, but when done nicely and with something in mind, doing a melody or whatever. this kid was just playing very fast and sloppy the same scale over and over, with no variation in the rithm, just 16th notes for 30 seconds. imo this gets old very fast. it was very repetitive and dull. no (good) songs are like that.

Debussy was right when he said "music is the silence between the notes".

obviously, IMHO and YMMV.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
This is why people hate metal. Mindless fast is about as interesting as snail racing.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
...he can shred. Where's the melody? This man is possessed by a shitty Herman Li.

Oh, and to the "he's not white" guy: It really has nothing to do with the playing and all to do with the colour. Maybe you should consider that HE'S JUST SHREDDING, and leave his ethnicity out of it? Grow the **** up.
Last edited by Hypnotisation at Nov 16, 2008,
I saw 6 seconds and I hate him

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Hereiwas
This is why people hate metal. Mindless fast is about as interesting as snail racing.

You lost 2/3rds of your IQ there.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Wow. Your town isn't very good at guitar, huh?
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by freddaahh
You lost 2/3rds of your IQ there.

+1 metal guitarists are alot more talented than some people think and it's not just mindless, there's alot of thought put into the songs.

The guy isn't really good from what I've seen though, sounds like the warm ups I do except 50% faster and no open E string gallops, he didn't even show us any rhythm guitar.
Page 1 of 2