Alright so I just got a band together yesterday and we played for the first time. It went pretty well, but now were trying to think of some good songs to play. We want to try and think of easy songs that already have two distinct guitar parts. For a frame of reference on what music we play these are the songs we worked on yesterday: Peace of Mind- Boston, Rock and Roll- Zeppelin, Moby Dick- also Zeppelin. Were pretty open minded though so it doesn't have to be strictly classic rock or anything. Anyone have any suggestions?
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Anything by Iron Maiden. I also like Just(you do it to yourself) by radiohead when jamming with people, thats a good one for 2 guitars.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
12 bar blues is good for messing around- one of you plays rhythm for 12 bars while the other plays lead, then change roles.

A lot of Iron Maiden is good for multiple guitarists, considering that they've had 3 for most of their time as a band (If not all, I'm not an expert on Maiden's history). Also a lot of metal bands that harmonise between 2 lead guitars are good for those who don't like playing rhythm.

Also, if you know your theory just harmonise another guitar over the existing one, and you can do (pretty much) anything.

Finally, maybe writing your own stuff'd be good? That way, you wouldn't be limited by the number of guitars in the original since there is no original. =P
Learn alot of metal, like Judas Priest or Maiden. Learn stuff like Megadeth. Lots of trading off solos and harmonizing solos in your original work.

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
aerosmith stuff (train kept a rollin, mama kin, etc.). gnr (paradise city, nightrain, its so easy, etc.). velvet revolver, foo fighters if your into that kinda thing (monkeywrench, the pretender), acdc stuff.
Avenged Sevenfold always has harmonies in their solos so if you guys are decent and can play Led Zeppelin and stuff you should have no problem with Bat Country.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
sidewinder by A7X, brilliant for 2 people
I Won't Let This Build Up Inside Of Me

Quote by FFTLxx

muhat gandy
+Sideways 8

Well thats me set ^^
Oh Burn It Down by A7X has a great intro for two guitarist.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above