hi everyone. i've been thinking of buying a pedal to my guitar. i have a roland micro cube amp. The thing is that i don't know if it's a good idea because some people say this amp and pedals don't work very well, but i've also heard there's no problem in using them.
Can you please tell me if i should really get a pedal or not?? Please help.
Actually, the Guitar Center closest to me uses a Microcube for their giant Boss pedal display. I use to own a Cube 60 and as long as you only used them on the JC Clean channel they worked flawlessly and sounded very good. So sure, try out a pedal you like on it. If it doesn't work for you, take it back.
hey man, go for it,
pedals are absolutly amazing, and there should be no problem. If theres anything wrong, you can always just take it back.
In my opinion, a pedal is wasted on the amp since it already has a very decent distortion sound. I have that very same amp, and also a tube amp, and I almost prefer the distortion I get from the Cube more (Boss MT-2 makes up for that though).
Anyway, I wouldn't bother getting a new pedal until you have a new amp to use it with.
Quote by lateraluspiral
play twinkle twinkle little star. thatll blow some socks off.

Quote by Cynoxx
I wish I was this badass !
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Actually, the Guitar Center closest to me uses a Microcube for their giant Boss pedal display. I use to own a Cube 60 and as long as you only used them on the JC Clean channel they worked flawlessly and sounded very good. So sure, try out a pedal you like on it. If it doesn't work for you, take it back.

they use the cube because roland/boss are the same company lol
i havent known many amps' clean channel that doesnt suit pedals
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by Nelv92
that'd be a boss ds-1

i've owned the ds-1 in the past. i used to use it when the only amp had was a bass amp (i'm a bassist turned guitarist), then a little while down the road i got a cube and just out of curiosity ran the ds-1 through the jc clean and it worked but it sounded horrible with mass amounts of buzz/fizz/hiss. plus the ds-1 is one of the models on the cube ("distortion")
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.