So, today i plugged into my peavey XXX half stack and turned on the amp. After waiting for it heat up, i turned it off of standby. A loud crackling and popping noise preceeded. The amp reamined on, but all sound cut out, no hiss, no hum, nothing. The amp light and everything still remained on. I leaned over the amp and noticed a slight stench of somthing burning in the air, sort of like when a hair dryer overheats. I plugged my friend's Peavey 6505 into my cabinet and loop and everything ran fine, so i know its nothing obvious (wires, cables, etc.) Also, i noticed that all of my power amp tubes were glowing as usual, i couldnt see the preamp tubes as the are far in the back. Its not a blown fuse because i replaced the one in the back of the head near the power jack.

Please, any intelligent advice would be much appreciated.

Also, if i must replace the tubes, if i put the exact same kind of tubes in it, do i have to re-adjust the bias?
I don't think it would be the tubes. I think it's a fuse, just not the main fuse. If it was the main fuse, your pilot light wouldn't be on.

Take the chassis out and look for burns on the PCB.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I don't think it would be the tubes. I think it's a fuse, just not the main fuse. If it was the main fuse, your pilot light wouldn't be on.

Take the chassis out and look for burns on the PCB.

where might i look for these fuses? I have a feeling that if it isnt tubes, it may be the HT Fuse. I just dont know where this is.