...next October, as my school is running a trip to NYC and DC as a part of the history course. Still have no idea how much the trip is going to cost me, hence the "might" in the title.

Anyway, I was wondering how much spending money I should be looking to take with me. I won't be buying any gear, even though my GAS list is huge, only spending money on stuff like food, travel, admission to museums or whatever. Anyone who's done a similar thing care to give me a rough estimate of how much money to take?

EDIT: Also, if any locals would care to recommend me some places to check out whilst I'm there, that'd be cool.
We dont know exactly what youre doing so we cant really tell you how much to bring.

nyc and dc are ****. i lived in the states for 17 years and i live in essex now as well.
DC blows. Fuck DC.

But you must try these restaurants in DC: Chipotle, Five Guys, Potbelly.

If you're staying a week and you're eating outside the whole time, it'll probably cost you around 100 dollars.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by aaciseric
I'm going next February I think, is this A-level History?

Yeah it is. Shit course for the first year, next year looks good though.
Quote by Xiaoxi
DC blows. Fuck DC.

But you must try these restaurants in DC: Chipotle, Five Guys, Potbelly.

If you're staying a week and you're eating outside the whole time, it'll probably cost you around 100 dollars.

Chipotle can be found everywhere here though.

But you're right, DC just stinks.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by StratoTele
In NY don't eat at big places. Find a tiny deli or bistro.

I plan to. Best areas to look for them?
First off, convince your school to stay away from NYC and DC. Absolute shit

Next, come to Chicago. Thats where the most famous stuff in America is anyways (field museum, museum of science and industry, shed aquarium etc etc)

Ive only been to the two places your going long enough to figure out that shits really expensive. You could easily spend $10 on a small lunch alone.
check out mannys music, kinda went downhill over the years but still legendary. They have ridiculous guitars there and crazy memerobilia like jimi hendrix's receipts and s.hit
Smart Pothead and Proud
Quote by yingyangthang

Next, come to Chicago. Thats where the most famous stuff in America is anyways (field museum, museum of science and industry, shed aquarium etc etc)

Ive only been to the two places your going long enough to figure out that shits really expensive. You could easily spend $10 on a small lunch alone.

The Smithsonian? The White House? The Statue Of Liberty?

Please, the most famous stuff in America is in Chicago my ass
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by yingyangthang

Expensive, but not extortionate. Normally costs me about £7 in London for some sort of lunch, without any drinks, so it shouldn't be too much of a shock.

Heard Generation Records in New York is worth checking out, anyone been?
Quote by treflip
...next October, as my school is running a trip to NYC and DC as a part of the history course. Still have no idea how much the trip is going to cost me, hence the "might" in the title.

Anyway, I was wondering how much spending money I should be looking to take with me. I won't be buying any gear, even though my GAS list is huge, only spending money on stuff like food, travel, admission to museums or whatever. Anyone who's done a similar thing care to give me a rough estimate of how much money to take?

EDIT: Also, if any locals would care to recommend me some places to check out whilst I'm there, that'd be cool.

Really? I'm going England and France with my school in April.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Chipotle can be found everywhere here though.

Doesn't make it any less amazing.

Anyways, TS you should come to Boston, aka best city in the US.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
We actually were going to, which got my hardcore senses tingling, but apparently DC was more appropriate
Quote by treflip
We actually were going to, which got my hardcore senses tingling, but apparently DC was more appropriate

That's so dumb. Boston has so much more history than DC.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I know, but the whole "oh lol, white house" (or black house now, amirite) is apparently far more interesting?

Teachers are fail.
go to Little Italy; great food and pastries everywhere. It's also right next to Chinatown, which has all types of crazy stuff like knock off bags, faux watches and sunglasses, martial arts weapons (real), etc..
Quote by treflip

uhhhh. Did they forget about the part where we chucked your nasty tea into the water?
Quote by treflip
I know, but the whole "oh lol, white house" (or black house now, amirite) is apparently far more interesting?

Teachers are fail.

You should slap your teacher with your dick.

Imagine the white house. Yea. That's it. That's all it is, a white Romanesque buiding, just like every other building in DC. You'll just be standing outside looking at it because there's no way you're getting anywhere near it. Your school is retarded.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Go to the Statue of Liberty, which proves that our country is better than yours. Next, go to the top of the Empire State Building and look around at the City, which is probably a lot bigger than your little excuse for a country. In DC, buy some nice American crack and go visit the White House and bow down to your true leader.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by Xiaoxi
You should slap your teacher with your dick.

Imagine the white house. Yea. That's it. That's all it is, an image. You'll just be standing outside looking at it because there's no way you're getting anywhere near it. Your school is retarded.

If only it was like the good ol days when you could walk up to the white house and knock on the door.

*knock knock*

*Bush opens the door*

Bush: "Oh, hello how are y-"

*DICK PUNCH*
Last edited by SeveralSpecies at Nov 16, 2008,
Quote by SeveralSpecies
If only it was like the good ol days when you could walk up to the white house and knock on the door.

*knock knock*

*Bush opens the door*

"Yes, hello how are y-"

*DICK PUNCH*

Yea, I quit working for UPS after that.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, I quit working for UPS after that.

I meant I was punching HIM in the dick.
Quote by SeveralSpecies

I meant I was punching HIM in the dick.
Oh, so you're the reason why our president's been so shitty.

No one's in a good mood after he has his dick punched.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Don't listen to all the idiots who are saying that there's nothing in DC. If you're interested in history and haven't been there before, it's a cool experience. There's certainly more to see than the White House. D.C. itself is a beautiful area and it's easy to spend the day just walking along the Potomac and looking at the monuments (in October, it will probably be a little chilly, but not too bad).

If you have the time, a cool, but less-known site to see is Mount Vernon (George Washington's estate - it's about a half-hour outside of D.C.). There's also this little grassy area just outside of D.C. where the Iwo-Jima monument and a bell-tower is that has a great view of the city.

As far as NY - well, honestly, you won't be at a loss of things to do, lol. You could easily just spend a day just wandering Manhattan - Central Park and Greenwich Village are especially good for that.

I'm really bad at estimating money but make sure to take some extra cash for subway and/or cab costs.