I was restringing my guitar today with a set of Rotosound yellows when I slide my fingers up the strings when I see patches of black on a few of the strings, worstly the G and B. What is this all about? Surely this isnt right? Should I ring and complain? I know its only a set of strings but two of them have this problem. Where the black patches are it is quite rough, but thing is, they havent been removed from the packet, iv only had them a couple of months as I order in bulk. Anyone else had this problem?

James
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
www.suicideblonderocks.co.uk
Last edited by carrotjames at Nov 16, 2008,
Give them a ring, I was having a problem with Elixers, and they were friendly enough to ship my 4 sets of the string that I broke, along with 2 fresh packs.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
i've had that problem before on one pack of rotosound yellows. and i never went back to using Rotosounds. most of the strings i buy are not dirt free. some daddarios and ghs strings that i have used have some dirt on them, but not as many as the ones that came with rotosounds.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Last edited by leviticus_22953 at Nov 16, 2008,
Hmmm I will give em a ring tomorrow. I love the strings but the dirt on em ahs never been as abd as this pack I have now, and its right in the middle of the string. Pains. Time to change string brand again i guess
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
www.suicideblonderocks.co.uk
I use rotosounds and haven't had this problem before, just ring them up or email, i'd expect them to send out a new pack or two.