right, ive got about £700 ($1300ish)
im looking for a tube amp, preferably not a combo.

i play alot of indie stuff, ocasional metal when i just get that urge to be loud

one thing i could do is buy the head, save up then buy a cab, ide rather not do this, but i know how high priced most decent tube based stuff is

any help or suggestioned will be apreciated, cheeerz!
Laney Gh50 or Gh100l seems a good choice since your in the UK...
Dude seriously you don't need a (half)stack it only makes you look "cool" nothing more nothing less IMO.But I respect your choice so I suggest looking for a used marshall JCM 2000.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Cabinets don't make an amplifier louder
They just alter bass response.

You could get a much better sounding 50 watt combo than a shitty sounding 100 watt head and cabinet.

An Orange rocker 30 sounds right up your alley, that or a Laney VC30
Quote by Highwaytohell
Cabinets don't make an amplifier louder
They just alter bass response.

You could get a much better sounding 50 watt combo than a shitty sounding 100 watt head and cabinet.

An Orange rocker 30 sounds right up your alley, that or a Laney VC30

+1

An Orange would be great, or a Vox AC30...just kind of depends on the tones you want, probably the Orange given the metal leanings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
think im going to try the vox AC30 and orange rocker combo at my local shop,

also im gonna try the orange rocker head with orange cab, then compare it to orange rocker head with a crao cab to compare them all