I'm in serious need of proper working simple and easy to use Freeware Virus and Spyware etc removal programs, Can Anyone recommend the best? Theres just so damn many and they all seem to have 5 stars!
Avira + Firefox + Adblock + common sense (i.e. don't open random exe files you got from spam emails or downloaded on emule)
I use Avast. It just runs in the background, very efficient.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
I didn't find any good free AV program.

I tried avast and other free programs, they are good, but they don't stop all the viruses (well no AV does, but free AVs are more like at 70-80%). Problem was when my system became slow and unstable I grew suspicious. So I ran a check on my computer with a free online scanner, and found out my whole system was corrupted with various viruses..

Then I uninstalled Avast and went on without anything I just ran occasional scans with one of these free online scanners:
Kaspersky
Trend Micro
BitDefender

Mind, these scanners don't do any active protection (or prevention), they just find viruses that are already on your system, then you can delete the infected files by yourself.

regards,
crush

edit: btw like someone said before, common sense in knowing who/what to trust and what not, is your best weapon against viruses..
Last edited by crush23 at Nov 16, 2008,
I use AVG and Sophus
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
AVG is one of the best freeware virus/spyware protectors you can get, Id say. I recommend getting it, I have it and I am happy with it.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
AVG is one of the best freeware virus/spyware protectors you can get, Id say. I recommend getting it, I have it and I am happy with it.

It depends on your computer usage. AVG has been known to report various legit computer games as viruses.