I posted this yesterday under a misleading name, so i deleted that topic and am posting this one.

So, in a week or so, im getting a new amp. I plan on getting an OD and a chorus for it. My dilemma, though, is what OD and what Chorus to get. I have a few options for each.
OD:
Digitech Bad Monkey
BBE Green Screamer
TS7 Tubescreamer

Of the three, the TS7 is the cheapest, but I have heard many good things about the Bad Monkey. I'd like to keep it under $75, which is why I went for those 3. I'm looking for more of a hard rock boost; the amp is more of a classic rock amp, and I want that extra OD to get the newer stuff.

Chorus:
EHX Small Clone - used $50
Boss CH-1 - better deal, $35 used

I'm leaning towards the Small Clone, both because i've heard EHX > Boss, and the fact that Kurt Cobain was a big user of the small clone. The CH-1 is the cheaper, though, and they both cost about the same new.

Amp i'm getting: Crate VC2112, all-tube, vintage(ish), and a Celestion G12M Greenback. ($200, AMAZING deal)

All help is appreciated.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I have tried all of those pedals and i must say first of all for the overdrive i would def. get the bbe green screamer. the ibanez and digitech pedals are horrible and do not boost the gain very well. If possible you should check out the boss sd-1 pedal, that is my pedal of choice and its only 50 bucks but it can do a lot for you. For the chorus i must say that i really like the boss chorus a little more then the electro harmonix.
Hmm...sadly, I can only try the OD pedals beforehand. The Chorus (whichever one i get) would be bought sight un-played.
EDIT: Yeah, i fig the ts7 wouldn't be that good.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
I've actually heard great things about the Green Screamer. I would try out all the OD pedals and see what you like

I'd recommend the Small Clone.
The only thing is that I wont be able to try out the pedals on my amp. Anyone know a similar amp that GC would carry?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Green screamer for sure, you can hardly tell the diffrence between it and a TS9, trust me on this one ive played both extensively on diffrent amps at the same time and on the same amps AB.

THe TS7 is shit, really bad pedal and the BBe is selling for really cheap its not even funny, better than the Digi BM to.

The only thing you can say about the BBE when compared to the TS9 is that its a bit, a tiny bit more agressive, and it dosent sound as Fat and rounder when used as a clean boost, dosent sound terrible or whatever either.

Get the green screamer, its a stupid deal that favors you.

I cant say either is better than another, there both great pedals.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Nov 16, 2008,
So its looking like the Green Screamer.

Now what about the two choruses?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300