yes, its the same note, whether you call it Ab or G# depends on what key you're in, but that only matters really if you're reading sheet music.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Yeah, you play it as the same note. Theory wise, they're enharmonic, but they're different notes. Ex., you can't have Gb and G# in the same scale, so you would say Gb and Ab.
yes, Ab and G# are the same thing, as are A# and Bb, B# and C( even though there is no such thing as B#) bc 1/2 step up from B is C, so C's like B#
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Nov 16, 2008,
Quote by Phuknee
There is a such thing as B# guys. C# major has B# in it.

True, but he's not asking about theory, he's asking if the notes are enharmonic. I already warned him not to assume that the notes don't exist. He doesn't need an outright discussion of theory right now.

B# is C. it goes...A - A#/Bb - B - C - C#/Db - D - D#/Eb - E - F - F#/Gb - G - G#/Ab
Quote by Phuknee
There is a such thing as B# guys. C# major has B# in it.

D(C#) major has the flats B, E, A, D, G.

any scale where C is natural technically has B# in it, since B# is C, and Cb is B.

but there anernt any scales where there is a B# expressed in the key signature. only Cb, which is in the the Gb(F#) major scale, its relative minor, etc.
-Christian?
Sorry my reply was more to Angus_Junior who stated that B# doesn't exist.

Yes the notes are enharmonic.

Cheers.
Quote by corpsegrinder72
D(C#) major has the flats B, E, A, D, G.

any scale where C is natural technically has B# in it, since B# is C, and Cb is B.

but there anernt any scales where there is a B# expressed in the key signature. only Cb, which is in the the Gb(F#) major scale, its relative minor, etc.

I'm pretty sure you meant Db major. Db major and C# major are not the same. Db major has, you guessed it, flats! C# major has, you guessed it, sharps. You can't have sharps and flats in the same major scale. They may be enharmonically the same but they aren't the same scale.