Tony Iommi
21 35%
Voters: 60.
Page 1 of 2
marty friedman.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
who is the best at searching?
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by Poglia
None of them.

This
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by dark_gilbert
marty friedman.

Marty Friedman HIMSELF said he doesn't like to play metal. He's one of the best soloists, DEFINATELY NOT THE BEST METAL GUITARIST.

I personally think It's hard to tell who's the best metal guitarist because they've all contributed a crapload to the world of metal, all in different aspects.
Quote by Patty-cakez
Marty Friedman HIMSELF said he doesn't like to play metal. He's one of the best soloists, DEFINATELY NOT THE BEST METAL GUITARIST.

I personally think It's hard to tell who's the best metal guitarist because they've all contributed a crapload to the world of metal, all in different aspects.

Just because he said he doesn't like PLAYING it doesn't mean he's not good at it does it??

Just like i'm not that keen on being ****ing awesome, it's just the way i am

keep ya shirt on.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Quote by Patty-cakez

That doesn't mean he's not one of the best metal guitarists. His playing is phenomenal on the albums he did with Megadeth.

And as for the poll, I would pick none of the above. But Randy is the best out of all of them.
Righteously said before, they've all contributed to the genre, but for opinions' sake I'm going to call Tony Iommi because he was part of a monster that left a singer in its havoc, without Ozzy being big enough to audition the best artists of the crop (which led to Randy) there wouldn't have been Randy as we know him, and Zakk & Dimebag were talking about how they listened to Rhoads stuff when they were starting out, maybe dimebag would have became the one we know him for, but Zakk would definitely have gotten a harder path.

For the remaining I can't stand Kerry King playing, and Kirk is not very constant in his records' playing quality.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
No Versus Threads No Versus Threads No Versus Threads

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

I don't even think that Kerry King and Kirk Hammett are the best guitarists in their bands. Zakk Wylde's overrated (not saying he sucks), Tony Iommi for innovation is one of the best metal players-but not actual skills. On this list for being an actual guitar player it's got to be Randy Rhoads.
Quote by FifthHorsemen
I don't even think that Kerry King and Kirk Hammett are the best guitarists in their bands. Zakk Wylde's overrated (not saying he sucks), Tony Iommi for innovation is one of the best metal players-but not actual skills. On this list for being an actual guitar player it's got to be Randy Rhoads.

+1, I think Kirk Hammett is a horrible lead guitarist. And I find Zakk Wylde extremely overrated as well.
Nicko McBrain
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
It is clear that TS has a small penis. Carry on.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
^God... I love you.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Out of that list, Tony Iommi for sure. All of those guitarists except for Rhoads and Iommi are overrated, I like them(excluding Kerry King) but they aren't as good as everyone says.
Quote by Poglia
None of them.

+1

EDIT: If I had to choose from that list though, I would choose Randy.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Last edited by cliffemall123 at Nov 16, 2008,
all of them (save Iommi) are horribly overrated. And he's still not the best.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
theres that many too choose from but i think bill steer and the ammott brothers are up there
99-------------55--------6666-------44-----444
99-------------55-----66-----66-----44-44--44
99-------------55-----66--66666---44--44--44
99-------------55-----66-------66---44--------44
99999999---55------66--------66--44--------44
Quote by twasbrilling
brent hinds

That has epic fail written all over it.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
What I want to know is why Kerry King is on that list...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Chuck Schuldiner.

This has to be a joke, or stupendously stupid.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Firenze
What I want to know is why Kerry King is on that list...

um, cause he shreds and cause he's br00t4l! duh!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I voted Kerry King because many dismiss him as a wanker (for good reason), but Slayer is responsible for the creation of death metal and on a lesser scale, black metal.

Not to mention the fact that the first two albums are fucking tremendous.

Edit: Oh yeah, *reported*
Tony Iommi

not technically the best, but where would metal guitar be without him?

EDIT: let's see how long this thread lasts. any bets?
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Betting I'm going to go to sleep and wake up with this thread being closed.

But can I just take the time to comment on how downhill UG has gone with all of these new users who are complete idiots?

I mean, I've seen some bad threads...but wow...

This is like what happened 2 years ago when for the 3 straight months of summer nothing but horrible movies was coming out.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
James Murphy?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by metal Lover
Not even close.

IMO he eats any of those in the poll for breakfast. He's not perfect, but he is pretty damn close.
Guitarist and composer of the band SHADOWMIND. Check it out:

Bandcamp
Facebook
Quote by Dores
IMO he eats any of those in the poll for breakfast. He's not perfect, but he is pretty damn close.

Iommi could cause Suicmez to explode from his riffs of doom.
Quote by metal Lover
Iommi could cause Suicmez to explode from his riffs of doom.

His doomy riffs and blusey apocalypse solos just rain excrement all over Muhammed's sweeporz.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 2