I was thinking about this conundrum. Do they have (or have ever had) music stores that stock only basses and bass equipment? I by that I mean no guitars, drums, acoustics, percussion, keyboards and stuff like that....just bass. I'd imagine they would be smaller stores and not chains or anything big like GC.
Yeah, theres a Bass Central near me that only stocks high quality basses and amps, like Glockenklang and Alembic stuff.
Yes there is. As has already been mentioned, Bass Central is one of them, I suppose you could call Bass Central a chain.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Nov 16, 2008,
I think theres a giant "Bass Emporium" in Texas...
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
In Toronto there's a store called Club Bass that only tends to bassists' needs. But really, what's the point of this even? It's not economically viable to have a huge chain of bass only store because that would exclude every other instrument, and that's just not enough money for guitar center, etc.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Bass and Beyond
Here in a suburb of Sacramento, California
High End gear for serious Artists........................................
80s BC Rich Warlocks,Ironbird,Bich with EMGs
80s Squire P with Mirror Pickguard and a Kahler Tremelo!
80s Magenta(Hot Pink!) Ibanez RD707
80s Aria ZZB Zebra Explorer
80s Kramer Ferrington Acoustic
AMPEG 6pro
AMPEG 8x10,AMPEG 4x10 HLF
Quote by randall justice
Bass and Beyond
Here in a suburb of Sacramento, California
High End gear for serious Artists........................................

OMFG, I went there in the beginning of November when I was in Sacto for a conference. I thought I died and gone to heaven.
We have nothing like that around here. There aren't many bassists around here or people interested in basses for a business like that to make any money at all. But as long as they have what I need, I don't mind at all shopping at a guitar or multi-instrument store.
Quote by Gofretless
In Australia we have Basscentre in Melbourne, which Now, Thinking about it, is a Pretty dodgy name.
We also have A place called Bass People in Sydney, I went there not Long ago, and They're Pretty Awesome! They Both have Websites too.

www.basscentre.com.au/
www.basspeople.com.au/

beat me to it >:[
Bass Pro Shop

I was in heaven when I first saw one, I got inside and saw it was a fishing store..
I was pissed to say the least
i.play
||
supported.by
||

"...If you think you're alive, you're better off dead"
Last edited by FromTheWreckage at Nov 17, 2008,
Quote by Bass First
beat me to it >:[

+1
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by FromTheWreckage
Bass Pro Shop

I was in heaven when I first saw one, I got inside and saw it was a fishing store..

lol! I would love to have a good place for bass buying close by my house...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by FromTheWreckage
Bass Pro Shop

I actually thought the same thing when I heard of it, then I saw one on my way to Vegas and saw the giant fish on the sign and was greatly let down.

Theres nothing for just bassists around my house though, I rely on Guitar Center, and Sam Ash(which I don't like at all) and their little closet sized bass rooms.
Nothing I know of in Toronto
My Gear:
-1984 Fender Stratocaster
-Epiphone Les Paul <- The Worlds Nicest
-Gretsch Duo Jet
-Takamine EG334BC
-Mr.Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Marshall Jackhammer Distortion/Overdrive Pedal
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay Pedal
-Peavey Classic 50 4X10
There's a store in my town called Bass Specialties. They sell mostly high-end stuff, and I think they give lessons, I think that's how they stay in business.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX