So amp buzz, whats the deal on it? I have an Ibanez sz520qm and a crate v5. When I put the volume and gain and turn the knobs to about 7, I start getting buzz, not terrible at that point, though.

However here's the problem. When I plug in the metal muff, I get TERRIBLE unplayable buzz, no matter what I set the knobs too. I also get buzz when set the volume/gain on my roland cube a little above average. And when I plug in my metal muff, again really bad buzz. The buzz stops when I mute the strings, but as soon as I let go it's a problem again.

So what exactly am I doing wrong?
Keep the gain low on your amp if you are using a distortion pedal. If they both stack then you will get mud.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Slanderous666
Keep the gain low on your amp if you are using a distortion pedal. If they both stack then you will get mud.

Yea but even on low its still really bad, and the volume has to be low too.
Quote by Slanderous666

That. Or even use the clean channel on your amp.
Quote by Supafly1824
Yea but even on low its still really bad, and the volume has to be low too.

Are you using your amp near a computer ?

How high are you putting the gain on the muff?
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
It's because your guitar isn't shielded. You need to either shield your guitar or learn to play so that you are always touching a string so that you don't get the buzz.
Not taking any online orders.
The gain on the muff was only half way. And the gain on the amp was as low as possible, with the volume all the way up so I can get an audible sound, which is pretty low. I wanna play a thigher volumes than that.

Also on my cube when I play on the clean channel it stil buzzes when I put the distortion anyway pass 5.
Also I am near a computer, but not extremely close. It's about 15 feet away. Also, shield guitar?
check the cables just incase
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Check the cables. Could try using a noise gate. Keep away from computer screens. Also, keep the amp's gain down when you're using the MM.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by CorduroyEW
It's because your guitar isn't shielded. You need to either shield your guitar or learn to play so that you are always touching a string so that you don't get the buzz.

I think this guy might know what he is talking about. You should listen to him!

Really... Shielding is your problem, nothing else to look at.
Not taking any online orders.
I just had a problem like this, and it was the power supply for my pedals. It wasn't drawing evenly, and was causing a HUGE buzz through my whole system. If it's only there when yo plug in the metal muff, your problem is something to do with the pedal. One of the two cables, the power supply, and it could also be shielding like the other guys said.