god i hate today's music. pop is the devil. its like today's artists don't even care about the music they make, its all money, money, crack.and its sooo sad when pop artists try to do something "different". like for example, kelly clarkson. the crazy ho wanted to write her own music, and have an "edgy" sound. it just sounded stupid and cheezy and it didn't stand out at all from the rest of this mainstream bullshit. i can't stand artists that are manufactured and so commercial. even my favorite band, green day, punk gods, sold out. its like almost as soon as the 90's were over they just ****in said adios and gave us all the finger. alot of my favorite bands did that, it sucks. all i have is old stuff to listen to now. thats good too but i need new stuff. that old shit is gonna run out. and good new stuff is getting so hard to find. where can i find good new stuff?
as if i have money to be buying ****in CDs left and right any way.
Underground scene is not like this, but I doubt they have any cds
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Uh....I dunno. I'll just go ahead and assume you like punk?
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by soopercool
god i hate today's music. pop is the devil. its like today's artists don't even care about the music they make, its all money, money, crack.and its sooo sad when pop artists try to do something "different". like for example, kelly clarkson. the crazy ho wanted to write her own music, and have an "edgy" sound. it just sounded stupid and cheezy and it didn't stand out at all from the rest of this mainstream bullshit. i can't stand artists that are manufactured and so commercial. even my favorite band, green day, punk gods, sold out. its like almost as soon as the 90's were over they just ****in said adios and gave us all the finger. alot of my favorite bands did that, it sucks. all i have is old stuff to listen to now. thats good too but i need new stuff. that old shit is gonna run out. and good new stuff is getting so hard to find. where can i find good new stuff?

Erm...
Quote by soopercool

I lol'd.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Wow, today's music is as good as ever. Check out the punk forum for some good underground stuff if you like that stuff. Green Day aren't punk gods by the way, they were a good pop punk band up to Dookie, then they pretty much lost a lot their punk influence, I still like their new stuff though.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I guarantee if you asked anyone on the street if they recognized all the bands in your Favorite Artist list, they would say yes. That means they are all popular, thus making them pop music (in the traditional sense).

Stop complaining.
the only reason i'm crazy about green day is because of their first album and dookie,, actually i didn't like dookie that much. oh my god they suck. time to change my profile!
Quote by goldmember1217
I guarantee if you asked anyone on the street if they recognized all the bands in your Favorite Artist list, they would say yes. That means they are all popular, thus making them pop music (in the traditional sense).

Stop complaining.

I think he means when it's kinda a little too insane popularity.
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
dude, let me tell you: Myspace is probably THE best way of finding new music, It is sooo easy to find bands with awesome music that have yet to make it big.

like these guys

myspace.com/negativethreeband
Someone isn't trying very hard to look for new music. Stop watching MTV and listening to the radio. They are the enemies. Also, open your mind to explore new types of music. These two things have gotten me a long way.
Quote by ohhey9040
Stop watching MTV and listening to the radio. They are the enemies.

Agreed with MTV. I don't see why so many people hate the radio though. If you avoid pop radio you can actually find awesome stuff. Like NPR plays good stuff whenever they play music and my town has a jazz station sometimes (other than that we have light pop, classic rock and modern country )
As far as popular music goes, nothing is worse than country. Some pop isn't bad, Lily Allen, Kelly Clarkson, people who can actually sing, but most of it's terrible.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
As far as popular music goes, nothing is worse than country. Some pop isn't bad, Lily Allen, Kelly Clarkson, people who can actually sing, but most of it's terrible.

I agree to a certain extent. New country is a joke and a parody to the real stuff. But the classics-like Hank Williams and Hank Snow-are some of the most soulful songs I have ever heard
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Agreed with MTV. I don't see why so many people hate the radio though. If you avoid pop radio you can actually find awesome stuff. Like NPR plays good stuff whenever they play music and my town has a jazz station sometimes (other than that we have light pop, classic rock and modern country )

I meant mainstream radio. I agree about NPR. That's the only station I'll hear Eric Dolphy and Boards of Canada within the same hour (yes, that actually happened).
You're a "brutally honest 14 year old", by my reckoning then you were born in 1994 so to say, "its like almost as soon as the 90's were over they just ****in said adios and gave us all the finger" seems a little ridiculous to me because I doubt you actually cared for them pre-2000 and logically that would say that the mainstream stuff was what got you interested in them in the first place.

Then to go on and say, "as if i have money to be buying ****in CDs left and right any way" annoys me even more. What on Earth would you have done if you were born 30 years ago?!
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic