I'm going to be living in Germany for a month in January and while there I want to get a tattoo of Thor's hammer on the underside of my forearm right before it reaches the wrist.

http://www.thefourthrail.com/images/features/0704/sdthorshammer.jpge

This is going to be my first tattoo ever, so approximately how expensive do you think it might be ? (without color) and how painful that particular area, I've also heard that you can't drink on the day you get it because alcohol thins the blood or something.

EDIT: The link doesn't seem to work, so I'll just say that it's the version of Thor's hammer you see in the comic books, and not the one you find on pendants, amulets, necklaces and the like.
Quote by Ruffus.
I'm going to be living in Germany for a month in January and while there I want to get a tattoo of Thor's hammer on the underside of my forearm right before it reaches the wrist.

http://www.thefourthrail.com/images/features/0704/sdthorshammer.jpge

This is going to be my first tattoo ever, so approximately how expensive do you think it might be ? (without color) and how painful that particular area, I've also heard that you can't drink on the day you get it because alcohol thins the blood or something.

EDIT: The link doesn't seem to work, so I'll just say that it's the version of Thor's hammer you see in the comic books, and not the one you find on pendants, amulets, necklaces and the like.

http://users.zoominternet.net/~rayvin/pain1.gif

alcohol -> it lowers the strength of your immune system in general so it might be a good idea to stay sober for half a week
color doesnt cost more than black, if they say it does ur gettin ripped off, i have a tattoo on my forearm on the inside of the forearm, the inside where ur palm faces up doesnt hurt at all it was rather enjoyable. and the tattoo on the outside of the forearm wasnt too bad, just shading hurt thats it, so depends if u get shading or not, also every tattoo artist has different techniques so u never know if itll hurt ,all depends on their experience and exactly where u get it, and yes ur not supposed to drink before u get a tattoo, cause it does thin the blood and you will bleed more and more ink will come out with the blood, so i suggest u dont drink unless u want a terrible blotchy looking tattoo
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
Quote by Dimebagjeff
color doesnt cost more than black, if they say it does ur gettin ripped off, i have a tattoo on my forearm on the inside of the forearm, the inside where ur palm faces up doesnt hurt at all it was rather enjoyable. and the tattoo on the outside of the forearm wasnt too bad, just shading hurt thats it, so depends if u get shading or not, also every tattoo artist has different techniques so u never know if itll hurt ,all depends on their experience and exactly where u get it, and yes ur not supposed to drink before u get a tattoo, cause it does thin the blood and you will bleed more and more ink will come out with the blood, so i suggest u dont drink unless u want a terrible blotchy looking tattoo

how long, Do I spend 24 hours or more ?

I want to know because... it's ****in Germany, man!
I love how everyone thinks they have to drink while in Germany.

It's true though.

And well the cost will be about 200€, I guess.