Page 1 of 10
Quote by blynd_snyper
So, it's that time of year, a lot of us have applied for university, some are soon to be applying, some will already have offers. How about you? Where are you applying? Where do you hope to go? Which of you will I see at uni next year?

I've applied for Electronic Engineering with foundation year at (in order of preferance)

Manchester University
York University
Notthingham University
Hull University
Sheffield University

I've done my UCAS stuff i just need feedback from my tutor about my personal statement and i'll let you know if i get any offers
i still need to do my UCAS, im in a gap year now cos i cba last year.

i want to do something like automotive engineering at Manchester Met
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Im doing my 2nd year of HND Music Buisness next year
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
i'm doing art so i've still got till february to get my applications in. probably do a foundation then do a degree in something the year after
In Europe/ US, is it ridiculously easy to get into University, like it is here in Canada?
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by blynd_snyper
In what way?

he's just been a jackass by boasting about how he's a year older than us and at uni already
I've applied to read English at:

Northumbria
Hull
Bath Spa
Portsmouth
Bradford

Got offers from all except Hull, who are yet to reply.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Politics Philosophy and Economics

I applied to

Oxford
Warwick
Lse
Manchester
York

Got an offer from Manchester and a rejection from LSE :-( still haven't hears if I've got an Oxford interview -crosses fingers-
Applying to do Natural Sciences at Cambridge and Durham; and Chemistry at Bath, Bristol, Warwick.

I have an offer from Bath, and an interview at Cambridge soon. I'm actually looking forward to the interview.
God, this takes me back.

I can't wait to leave Uni, I'm getting very much done with it.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by ECwomantoneman
Archaeology/History and Politics at Glasgow Uni, Journalism/Politics and History at Strathclyde Uni. Not thought about any others, they either aren't doing the courses I'm interested in or else they are away from home, which I can't afford

Glasgow is first choice (because of the archaeology) but Strathclyde is a strong second. I have the grades at the moment anyways and should expect an unconditonal from either on the basis of my higher results and decent personal statement, I'm still at school purely for the lulz factor of 6th year

What are you guys thinking of in the long term btw?

Wahey! I'm applying to Glasgow and Strathclyde as well, going for Chem but I can change it to Physics if I want (probably will) I just got an offer from Glasgow today, as long as I get 30 points in my IB, which I almost definitely will, I get in.
I'm in the second year of my BA Journalism Course at Northampton.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Your application process seems so complicated.

Here you just send the university a letter saying "Hai can i cum to ur youniverstee?" And they're all like "Ya lol n we'll give u lotz of money lmao"
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by ECwomantoneman
Aw nice man! I have a friend who is applying for Chemical Engineering at Strathclyde incidentally, were you thinking of that course at all? And I don't find out until March where I've been accepted to, you're lucky!

If I end up at Strathclyde I'll probably have to do some basic chemical engineering, but it's not my preferred area. I'm not going to apply exclusively for that course as I'd rather work in research areas than industrial ones.
Quote by ECwomantoneman
PS my godfather (long time friend of my dad's) is now gonna be principal of Strathclyde Uni. Lol!

Well you're getting in then, aren't you?
I've applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Notts and Bristol for Veterinary Medicine. I've already got an interview lined up for Bristol
Quote by Philip_pepper
I've applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Notts and Bristol for Veterinary Medicine. I've already got an interview lined up for Bristol

Why didn't you apply for a fifth? It doesn't cost any extra if you're doing it via UCAS. Oh, and good choice with Edinburgh, I applied there too.
Quote by Hanzi_G
Your application process seems so complicated.

Here you just send the university a letter saying "Hai can i cum to ur youniverstee?" And they're all like "Ya lol n we'll give u lotz of money lmao"

Pretty much.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Why didn't you apply for a fifth? It doesn't cost any extra if you're doing it via UCAS. Oh, and good choice with Edinburgh, I applied there too.

For Vet Med they only let you apply to four Universities.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Wahey! I'm applying to Glasgow and Strathclyde as well, going for Chem but I can change it to Physics if I want (probably will) I just got an offer from Glasgow today, as long as I get 30 points in my IB, which I almost definitely will, I get in.

First other IB student I've me ton UG

I need to go from 32-35 to qualify for the IB scholarship at Saint Mary's University; it's a $35,000 scholarship and I don't think many IB students go to Saint Mary's so I want to get there pretty bad I'm already accepted to go there as of Friday.

oh that is great!

"'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?"
Quote by cagnius
God, this takes me back.

I can't wait to leave Uni, I'm getting very much done with it.

In what sense? Done with work, with going out to clubs (or whatever you do regularly) or both?

I'm just tired of work. I'm doing a 3 or 4 year course, I think I'll definitely opt for 3 years (on my 2nd year now) because I'm not a huge fan of my course.

But the life style is great.
At Newcastle Uni for Biomedical sciences...

But it's crap, so i've reapplied for propper medicine at:
Liverpool Uni (interview)
Imperial College London
University College London
Cambridge University
Newcastle University (internal transfer)
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
In what sense? Done with work, with going out to clubs (or whatever you do regularly) or both?

I'm just tired of work. I'm doing a 3 or 4 year course, I think I'll definitely opt for 3 years (on my 2nd year now) because I'm not a huge fan of my course.

The lifestyle doesn't necessarily need to end once you get a full-time job.
I'm not a clever sod but fingers crossed i want to be studying Psychology/Counselling studies at :

Worcester
UCLAN
York St John
Chester
Wolverhampton

Worcester FTW!
Quote by grenade24
Not gay, but I'd tap that
Sent my UCAS off today, Ancient and Medieval History at:

Birmingham (first choice)
Bristol
Liverpool
Nottingham
Royal Holloway
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
All come to Glasgow!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by DarkEra97
First other IB student I've me ton UG

I need to go from 32-35 to qualify for the IB scholarship at Saint Mary's University; it's a $35,000 scholarship and I don't think many IB students go to Saint Mary's so I want to get there pretty bad I'm already accepted to go there as of Friday.

That's it for a scolarship? Damn I'd be right in there with that.

What are you taking in IB? It's interesting to know that there are a few of us on here, I thought I was alone in my suffering.
Quote by meh!
All come to Glasgow!

Well as long as I don't fail maths (touch wood) I will be.
Last edited by blynd_snyper at Nov 16, 2008,
YAaaaaaay!
anyone want to write a personal statement for me? you will get hugs...delicious, wondrous hugs....

Let's see...I'm applying to UCSC. if I don't get in, I'm going to CCSF for two years, then I'll transfer.
Quote by meh!
YAaaaaaay!

Thank you, I feel loved. Even if it is a creepy kind of internet love. By the way, what's the accommodation like in Glasgow? My friend who is also applying said he went on the tour and you had common rooms with pool tables and darts and what not but I was wondering if that was only the nicer rooms.
I don't stay in accomodation.

I went in someone elses and it seemed alright... you live with like 3 or 4 other folk and there's a kitchen, a washroom... er...I dunno, was kind of drunk

ask someone else, I don't stay in them, lol.
Quote by meh!
I don't stay in accomodation.

I went in someone elses and it seemed alright... you live with like 3 or 4 other folk and there's a kitchen, a washroom... er...I dunno, was kind of drunk

ask someone else, I don't stay in them, lol.

Ah alright, I'll speak to others as well then. He also said there were bottles of vodka lying everywhere, seems like some of you live up to Glasgow's reputation.
How much is average tuition in the UK? I'd like to leave this place when I go to uni, but everything seems so much cheaper here than everywhere else that it probably wouldn't be worth it, I'll probably have to settle for Vancouver or something...
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

Pretty much work.

It's a 5 year course for me and I'm in my 4th. I'm just fed up of esoteric conceptual theories. There's only so much legal theory you can really take!

I'm just really looking forward to beginning my career.
Terms and Conditions apply.
My college screwed my options up for me
So im sitting some as levels this year
Then next year im gonna do either a HND or a HNC in computing
Then im applying to cardiff and newport university to study computer systems engineering.
Man, I wish I went to your fancy universities. I'm just going University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter