Page 1 of 4
Someone downloaded and logged into it on my pc last night at my afterparty.

It's brilliant, anyone else ever used it? Anyone got a license they want to give me?

for those of you who don't know what it is it's kind of like itunes except that it gives you access to pretty much all the music in the world..free. You just search and the results show up immediately and then you just click the song you want and it starts streaming.
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by Vauxite
And that's legal?

downloading licensed music for free is ALWAYS illegal
You mean like Limewire?

If so, then go buy some music, and support your favorite bands.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
yes it is legal!

they have a deal with all the major record companies.
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by mrjimborinsane
yes it is legal!

they have a deal with all the major record companies.

So does Amy Whinehouse, but her habits arent legal either.
its legal because its just a stream, not a download

might aswell just look on youtube

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
check it out www.spotify.com

it is the future of the music industry. However the verison I am using right now is a beta version, but there is a premium version available which costs about €10 per month, and soon there will be an ad-financed version for free.
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by Sixp0under
So does Amy Whinehouse, but her habits arent legal either.

check it out for yourself, but I'm telling you its legal and perfectly legit
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
But you search in seeqpod...and it's not a program. You don't have to download any program.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Quote by EMGs_rule
its legal because its just a stream, not a download

might aswell just look on youtube

Spotify has a greater range of songs than youtube and better audio quality. I have an account for the free version (signed up for a beta a while ago) and it's funded by ads and very legal. Now they have also launched a version you can pay for (and get rid of the ads) that's open for everyone. The free version however is still invites only.

EDIT: or check it out yourselves: http://www.spotify.com/en/
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by KnarkoV
Spotify has a greater range of songs than youtube and better audio quality. I have an account for the free version (signed up for a beta a while ago) and it's funded by ads and very legal. Now they have also launched a version you can pay for (and get rid of the ads) that's open for everyone. The free version however is still invites only.

any idea how to get an invite?
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by mrjimborinsane
any idea how to get an invite?

I think people with the pay version gets invites. I think it's still possible to sign up to the waiting list for the free version. That's what I did a while ago (when the pay version wasn't launched) and I think it's still open.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Looks like it isn't available in the States yet
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
ah well, if anyone here has or gets their hands on an invite PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me one.

pretty please
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by sleazydan
downloading licensed music for free is ALWAYS illegal

Nine Inch Nails released "The Slip" online for a free download and it's legal.
Mary Magdalan just released the "Pity Girl" album for free online too. Totally legal.
Get your shit straight.
Nothing new. Sounds just like other bit torrents.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Ok guys, heres an update, since i started this thread I've been using spotify and spreading it to my friends and it works great.

I was looking for another invite for a friend today and found a whole load of them

http://lakka.se/index.php?p=spot

please don't close this thread and this is NOT spam, I'm just trying to share this with you guys cos i love the pit.

tl:dr or whatever it is: get an invite via link above and then you can register a spotify account and stream pretty much all the music in the world for free and completely legally.

If you give this a chance you will love me for it and i will be UG's new fav swede, surpassing even the great kensai
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Last edited by mrjimborinsane at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by mrjimborinsane
If you give this a chance you will love me for it and i will be UG's new fav swede, surpassing even the great kensai

May this be our final battle...

I've had spotify for a few weeks and it's between fucking awesome and highly annoying. The good news is that you have alot of music (but for some reason not big bands like franz ferdinand) some of the latest albums but you still have to endure ads all the time. The radio is absolutely bollocks and most of the CDs are probably absolute-collections which is just crap in CD form.

But it's free so why am I complaining?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

May this be our final battle...

I've had spotify for a few weeks and it's between fucking awesome and highly annoying. The good news is that you have alot of music (but for some reason not big bands like franz ferdinand) some of the latest albums but you still have to endure ads all the time. The radio is absolutely bollocks and most of the CDs are probably absolute-collections which is just crap in CD form.

But it's free so why am I complaining?

bring it on!

there are a few bands i miss like metallica and ac/dc but apart from that I can find pretty much everything i want, and all the artists i listen to i get all their albums and singles etc.

I disagree with you kensai!

Låt kriget börja!

yea, I just figured people on here would love it.

when you do a search try clicking on the artists name and then you get to see all their stuff etc. maybe you've already tried that

edit: i think its great that i don't have to download music anymore

a). because it takes time and is annoying
b). its illegal and with ipred coming i don't want to get busted doing that crap
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
This is supposed to stop piracy, but unfortunately people can't be tied to the computer 24/7 listening to music.
Quote by Masonpwiley
This is supposed to stop piracy, but unfortunately people can't be tied to the computer 24/7 listening to music.

I'm around a computer pretty much all the time apart from when i'm in class or at a club.
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by mrjimborinsane
I'm around a computer pretty much all the time apart from when i'm in class or at a club.
You never go anywhere besides those two places ever? The reason why this can't solve piracy is people like to have their music on their MP3 players to take with them.
Quote by Masonpwiley
You never go anywhere besides those two places ever? The reason why this can't solve piracy is people like to have their music on their MP3 players to take with them.

fair enough, but why?

i wake up at home, have my pc, go to lectures, come home, and then at night pre-party at someones house always a computer there, and then we go out to a club, music there. wake up etc.

pretty much no, i don't. I don't have to travel any further than 5 mins walk to classes, and any other time i'm with my friends or something so i don't need music.

I can survive for 5 mins without an mp3 player, and if theres anything that i absolutely love that i have to be able to listen to whenever i need to then i just stick that album on my phone or something.

also, say i go to a party at someones place who hasn't got a spotify account? i just log in with my account and i can access all my playlists etc. I see your point but maybe you need to have a rethink as to why exactly you need to have your mp3s with you? essentially your just storing all your fav songs on a remote server instead of in your hand. Also with 3G networks I always have access to a fast internet connection wirelessly absolutely everywhere
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
what most people don't know: recording songs onto tape or whatever from the radio is legal. That would be the same thing for internet radio or programs like this that pay royalties to record companies. except.. i believe things like this are more likely to screw artists over... i dunno, it's probably great for record companies, but i cant see how artists are gonna get any money out of this.
Quote by mrjimborinsane
fair enough, but why?

i wake up at home, have my pc, go to lectures, come home, and then at night pre-party at someones house always a computer there, and then we go out to a club, music there. wake up etc.

pretty much no, i don't. I don't have to travel any further than 5 mins walk to classes, and any other time i'm with my friends or something so i don't need music.

I can survive for 5 mins without an mp3 player, and if theres anything that i absolutely love that i have to be able to listen to whenever i need to then i just stick that album on my phone or something.

also, say i go to a party at someones place who hasn't got a spotify account? i just log in with my account and i can access all my playlists etc. I see your point but maybe you need to have a rethink as to why exactly you need to have your mp3s with you? essentially your just storing all your fav songs on a remote server instead of in your hand. Also with 3G networks I always have access to a fast internet connection wirelessly absolutely everywhere
I don't have access to a computer absolutely everywhere. Sometimes I go places that take more than 5 minutes to get to.
I love Spotify.

Except the ad that comes every sixth song is ALWAYS an ad for a Norwegian travel agency.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
I love Spotify.

Except the ad that comes every sixth song is ALWAYS an ad for a Norwegian travel agency.

hehe

"ut på tur aldrig sur"

i love it 'cos the norweigan accent is funny
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
I have been using it for a few weeks now got it from teh hb and i love it you just search for a song and it streams it perfectly no complaints what-so-ever i would reccomend it to any-one
Quote by mrjimborinsane
hehe

"ut på tur aldrig sur"

i love it 'cos the norweigan accent is funny

Screw you.

Now it's in my head and it will never leave.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Anyone got any good playlists to share?

The Drowned In Sound one is pretty good:

http://open.spotify.com/user/crablin/playlist/1ByMPxaFSHngwGyyK2r6eh

And a quick question. If I add or take out a track from my version of a playlist that ive downloaed, does that mean it changes on everyone elses too? I heard something about sharing playlists, but not too much, so im a bit confused.
It doesn't have Pipers At The Gates of Dawn. It's okay I guess.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Page 1 of 4