Just wondering...

Would you rather have a guitar like this, with two humbuckers that are splitable, or would you rather have something like this, with a humbucker in the bridge, single coil in the neck, and 27 frets?

Like I said, just wondering. This has proved to be a pretty perplexing decision for some friends of mine. Personally, I think I'd almost rather have the 27 frets, as long as the single coil was hum canceling.
doesn't mattias el eklundh use that first one??
and tbh i would rather have the first one, i very much doubt you would use those extra frest as much as you think you would.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
They are both butt-ugly. Buy something good.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

neither of them look like something that i would really want.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I'd go with the Horus (not the HGS version) because I love that neck single coil tone under high gain, not because of the extra frets, I can't imagine they see much use.

dark_gilbert: Eklundh actually has a signature caparison, the applehorn: http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-07product/e07applehorn.html

Quote by alfonzo99
They are both butt-ugly. Buy something good.

Epic fail.

They are both incredible guitars, just because you don't like the look of them doesn't mean they're bad guitars. Caparisons have notoriously brilliant build quality and tone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Get the second IF you NEED those 27 frets. Otherwise, not worth it.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
first one, defo
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I can't see anyone actually using all 27 frets that much, I'd go with the first
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Since I own an Applehorn, I'll go for 27 frets

To be honest, when I play it I don't really mind the absence of a neck humbucker.

Quote by JWD32792
I can't see anyone actually using all 27 frets that much, I'd go with the first

Even though you might not use them all the time, they're nice to have. Also, the upper fret access for the 24th fret (and below) is great thanks to the deeper cutaway.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Nov 16, 2008,