Hey, I'd just like to know what the difference, tone wise, is between the pickups in a standard SG and an SG special? cheers
I think I've seen a Special with P90's in it, stock.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
the ones in the special are special!!
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Quote by stratdud39
epiphone or gibson?
i think any standard is better than a special, so the standard will just have overall better pickups.
they could have the same though, not sure need to know which ones your talking about/

Erm, in the title?
Gibson, yeah i can't really afford the standard.

I'm talkin bout the Special faded which has 'buckers, 490's i think they are, and i wanted to know what the difference between them and the Standards humbuckers, hope thats clear? thanks
There's two very good videos on this on YouTube. Just search Gibson SG Special V.S. Standard.

Just think SG Special would sound like Bon Scott AC/DC, and the Standard sounds like AC/DC with Brian Johnson.
UG's AC/DC Lover
you know, we have a perfectly goo thread about SGs already....
Nevermind, I thought you were asking something else.

The fadeds have a less shiny finish, and there is slightly less quality control, which means it's harder to find good ones.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
to Rocker, awesome, i thought angus always used a standard though? lol thanks tho.
you can always replace the p ups so if youre deciding which one to buy because of this it's not a huge factor