Page 1 of 2

I want to put an emg in this but i dont know if i need a passive h4 or an 85, im assuming a guitar so cheap would have a passive pickup in it.

Yes, this is for ****ing around with lol

EDIT: I dont want to carve in a slot for a battery so an active is out of the question, unless it already has an active pickup
Passive in there for sure.

Unless it's made of plywood, if it has correct intonation and set-up it will sound good. That's the beauty of fixed bridges... more string vibration through the body.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
If it doesnt have a slot for a battery/ actual battery in it then its not an active, so go with a passive emg
you can tape the battery to the inside of the contol cavity, wouldnt be that hard and that's what most people do.

but honestly, where did you get this?
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.

Just because the guitar's original pickups aren't passive doesn't mean you can't swap them out for actives.

There's gonna be enough room in your cavity for 1 (or 2, if you so desire) 9V battery. I'd also reccommend an 81 at the bridge, not an 85.
------

Shwiggity.
Seriously, where did you get it??
Who makes them? Looks Yamaha...

I want one too... for my kid don't pick my GRX20. He's about to be 4yo, but he sometimes opens the softcase of my Ibby, and starts plucking it.

Not that he can play a note, but early stimulation is a good thing... oh, and not that I'd plan on having a second guitar I don't mind experimenting with.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
"EMGs in your Marlin? It's a bit like paying for your Mum to have a boob job in the appropriateness stakes..." - Guitarist Magazine
Same idea. But if you must...

As already said, the battery pack for an EMG should fit in the control cavity. If you REALLY can't be bothered, DiMarzio D-Activators are designed to give you an active sound with passive electronics. And don't be tricked into buying EMG-HZs; they're, well, bollocks.
don't get passive EMGs, if your getting EMGs get actives. You want need to "carve" out your guitar to fit a battery in, look on the back, there will be a cover, take that off and have a look at how much room is in there, most likely a battery will fit very easilly in there, you may want to buy a little clip so that the battery clips on to the wall of your control cavity or you can just have it loose, what ever you want
Plus being able to bust some brootalz on a spongebob guitar is win win!
Those arent acctually bad guitars..
We have a shitload in at work, and they play really well, just sound like ass xD
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
I'm Ready, I'm Ready, that guitar is awesome, you will be the envy of the band when you rock out on that beast!
Lmao. Doesn't get any more br00tal than spongebob on a guitar.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
Spongebob>Hello Kitty.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
There should be a "Hannah Montana, Hello Kitty, and Spongebob all share a group hug" strat with a a big pink heart as the background. Then put teh emgs in that. There's your ultimate br00tals.
I want a my little pony strat or a barbie girl. lmao.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
Quote by Big_Rat
I want a my little pony strat or a barbie girl. lmao.

My little ponyyyy, My little pony uhhh... i guess i got a little carried away there
Quote by Rock Pig
"EMGs in your Marlin? It's a bit like paying for your Mum to have a boob job in the appropriateness stakes..." - Guitarist Magazine
Same idea. But if you must...

Surely you wouldn't appreciate it, but it could make her and some guys happy.

So it all depends on who you ask to.
Noob Grade Gear...
Quote by CapnKickass
There should be a "Hannah Montana, Hello Kitty, and Spongebob all share a group hug" strat with a a big pink heart as the background. Then put teh emgs in that. There's your ultimate br00tals.

That would be too much br00talz. It would kill everyone.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
That would be too much br00talz. It would kill everyone.

There is a hanna montana sig by washburn i htink.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
You'd better stick some .015's on that and tune drop A did you know there is a hello kitty strap out there? I have it, it's pink with a big hello kitty face at the end, that would make it even more killer O_O
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
ENGL 2 x 12" PRO Slanted E212VH
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
ahem...

?)

heehee

and Spongebob>any other children's cartoon character of today.
------

Shwiggity.
i think i migth try soemthing liek this if iv got soem spare money lyign aroudn soon, we started sellign myley Cyrus gutiars at work
I want a Wiggles guitar, or a Simpsons one in the shape of Homer's head.

I just got a great idea, build guitars of character heads
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Im srry but even if I owned that guitar with every one of my favorite artists signatures, id burn it.

I HATE spongebob.
Page 1 of 2