Page 1 of 2
Anyone watching the fires in California? I'm just West and very slightly South of the Brea fire, as of last night it was comin' this way but has sense moved off to diamond bar.

Anyone else?
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
There's brushes on fire!?!?!

Nooooooooooooooo...!
Quote by grenade24
Not gay, but I'd tap that
Quote by Greenie_777
Wow, you are so funny

Thank you, it's a skill i have
Quote by grenade24
Not gay, but I'd tap that
My parent's friends had their house burned down . I used to live around there, kinda by Irvine, but I moved to Palm Springs area.
I live in Los Angeles, and i had to play a baseball game yesterday at Long Beach Poly. it was raining ash because there was 2 fires near us.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
The pictures in the LA times are insane. I can't believe that so much destruction has happened in such a short time.
I wish you guys all the luck in Cali. It's snowing pretty well here in Akron, so I guess I can't complain comparatively.
mmmk.
Something about the Santa Ana winds brings out all of the arsonists apparently. Makes sense, because its easier to make a huge fire with strong winds.

Crazy ****ing arsonists.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
My moms friend lives near where the fires usually are. Im not really sure where they are right now but im sure they are close to her house.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Yeah it's seriously burning hard here. Yesterday was many many times worse than it is now. Yorba Linda had some weird issues with being high in elevation and water pumps failing so the fire hydrants went dry. There is footage of Fire Fighters having to just watch people's houses burn to the ground.

As it stands now the Brea fire is moving away from me towards Diamond Bar (where my lead guitarist lives... =\) it wasn't until like 11:30 that the Sun finally came out from behind the smoky sky, and it's been raining ash all day.

My regards to the people who's house went in the fire. It really is a shame to feel so helpless...
Quote by sargasm
Sorry for the double post:

Here's a map of the fires in California. Red zones are burning, blue are forced evacuation, and yellow is voluntary evacuation.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fire-map-orange-2191967-county-perimeter

If you want to keep score. I live to the West (right) of the Brea fire. More precisely Euclid and Lambert rd. So it's pretty damn close.
Quote by sargasm
I live a couple cities away from Diamond bar. West Covina- Walnut-Pomona- Diamond Bar. And I go to high school in Pomona. We seem to be fine though, but my mom's work is in Diamond Bar so we'll see...

Should be fine.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
how long have these fires been going on? i haven't really heard much about any brush fires out west this year

were they really started by arsonists too? cuz if so....thats really f*cked up
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Its armageddon.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by gatewaytobeyond
how long have these fires been going on? i haven't really heard much about any brush fires out west this year

A few days, the main ones burning now were started yesterday morning or late friday night. I don't think they know for sure whether or not they were started by arson, but they've declared a couple areas as crime scenes.
Quote by gatewaytobeyond

They started Friday afternoon, got REALLY bad on Saturday when the Santa Ana winds really tore through here. Fire crews are finally getting a foot hold on the area, but the damage is already done...

The arsonists issues are centered more around Oakridge Mobile Home park, supposedly someone set fire to the park (full of older and disabled folks...) I don't know what's more despicable. Arsonists setting fire to a mobile home park, or the pieces of shit who started looting... then got arrested lol.
Quote by sargasm
some people are extremely f*cked up...
i hope everything works out for you and everyone else out there...good luck
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Yeah. I had to ask my mom "How big of a piece of shit do you seriously have to be, to start looting from evacuated homes?"

Thanks for the good luck. Just hoping the winds stay away is all.
Quote by sargasm
I'm in OC here.
Not much going on except THE TORRENTIAL RAIN OF ASHES.
Seriously, it's like god's dandruff here. Hope everyone else around here is ok.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

i heard that Opera's mansion is in the path.

this is good news
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
If California did more control burns, they wouldn't have as many wildfires.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Quote by bjovi400
i heard that Opera's mansion is in the path.

this is good news

Oprah's* mansion burned already in the Montecito fire a few days ago.

Quote by black007hawk2
If California did more control burns, they wouldn't have as many wildfires.

Feel better now? A budget crisis thanks to a state government that spends out of control doesn't make that any easier.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Feel better now? A budget crisis thanks to a state government that spends out of control doesn't make that any easier.

Yes, I do. Seriously, If they burnt down the bushes before they got thick, It wouldn't spread as far so fast. California would then spend less money on the fire department. You only have to do this once every year or so.

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
I'm not arguing and saying you're wrong. But I'm not an elected official with any pull so it's not like I can help it any.

There's a time and a place, and that wasn't it.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by black007hawk2
Yes, I do. Seriously, If they burnt down the bushes before they got thick, It wouldn't spread as far so fast. California would then spend less money on the fire department. You only have to do this once every year or so.

I don't think you understand... embers are blown by the wind and starting more fires MILES ahead of where the original fire actually is. Brush fires will spread no matter whether the bushes are thick or not.
Thats what I hate about living in So-Cal. I feel terribly for those who are losing their homes in those fires

I am a bit relieved that it isn't SD this time though. We have had our fair share of massive devastating fires. Still, I know first hand how terrible they can be.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Haven't been paying attention to news (posting and reading here lol) all I know is they're still fighting the Brea fire from getting deep into Diamond Bar.
Quote by sargasm
ya dude, we where massacred last year in sd. a word of advice: if there is a fire in your area, get your pillaging gear.
When it was in SD, our firefighters were stretched so thin that we had to fight our own fires at times, it really sucked
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
When it was in SD, our firefighters were stretched so thin that we had to fight our own fires at times, it really sucked

Kind-of happening everywhere. There's something like ~1000+ fire fighters out there last I saw, and a lot of people are getting out hoses and working off flying embers themselves.

I remember the news talking about seeing a fire truck drive by with "Nappa Fire Department" on the side, so this is pretty wide spread.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
There is already a thread for this, but this one at least seems active so whatever...

Hahah really? I looked at the front page but saw nothing so I started my own...
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
I'm not arguing and saying you're wrong. But I'm not an elected official with any pull so it's not like I can help it any.

There's a time and a place, and that wasn't it.

There's plenty you can do. Talk about it, and raise awareness. That's pretty simple to do.

Well, where else do you want me to talk about it then? This seems like a legitimate thread to post about it in.

Quote by samick007
I don't think you understand... embers are blown by the wind and starting more fires MILES ahead of where the original fire actually is. Brush fires will spread no matter whether the bushes are thick or not.

I know, I've done some control burns in my day. There is a higher chance of embers starting more fires when it is a big fire. When it is a small fire, there are less embers. AND they travel for shorter distances, because they don't have an enormous amount of heat underneath them, pushing them upward. What I'm saying is burn it while it is still low, and you will find that your chance of more fires drops dramatically. Florida understands this concept, and does it often. Fires happen anyway, but they are not as frequent as in California.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
There was a fire on the hills right next to my apartment here in San Luis Obispo on Friday. It's ****ing November. What the hell.
Quote by Korosu
There was a fire on the hills right next to my apartment here in San Luis Obispo on Friday. It's ****ing November. What the hell.

November is fire season. The rear-end of the fire season but still the fire season. Last years San Diego burn has an anniversary in less than 1 week now.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by Korosu

Yea I heard about that, luckily they got it out fairly quickly though (I'm in atascadero). I didn't hear anything about it for a while though since the only fires farther south were being covered by the news teams.
im in CA and its raining ash at my house and theres a terrible smell of fire.
Quote by original_idiot
Jew Trouble

Quote by guitarmang93
Nah i love the feeling of poo coming out. Its like being reverse ass ****ed.

Quote by jemocam
Lets teach them the meaning of CROTCH VIOLENCE!!!

GO GNOME OR GO HOME!

Join My Group!

Free The Pear!

Band's Myspace
I hope it doesn't get to SD.......almost had to evacuate last year.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Page 1 of 2