i have a problem that i really hope wont be expensive to fix, seeing as how im broke right now. anyway, my guitar, a Schecter C-1+ has been working perfectly up until about a week ago, when i noticed that the middle volume knob was loose. like an idiot, i ignored it, thinking that if i was careful with it, it wouldn't be an issue. today, however, i picked up my guitar after a few days of not playing it, set it to the neck pickup, and starting playing, when all of sudden, sound ceased to come from it. i tried flipping between the pups again, but no luck, the only sound that comes from it is very, very faint. im wondering if theres a correlation between the loose knob and the pickup failure, or what? thanks in advance
oh, btw my neck pup is the duncan designed one that came w/ the guitar, my bridge is a dimarzio d activator.
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
Loose wires?
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
I have a Schecter C1 classic and the same thing happened to me. I took the back plate off, and a few of the wires are detached from the volume pot. I still need to take it in to get fixed...been like 2 months now
The pot is broken most likely. Do you know how to solder? If so, open the back cavity of your guitar and bypass the pot. If the guitar works after that it's the pot and you'll just need to buy a new one. You should be able to get a pot from online music stores. For humbucker guitars you should get a 500k version.
If the guitar does not work after bypassing the pot, check it for any other problems like loose wires. If you don't find anything, take it to a tech.

Quote by sxymnky777
I have a Schecter C1 classic and the same thing happened to me. I took the back plate off, and a few of the wires are detached from the volume pot. I still need to take it in to get fixed...been like 2 months now

Or this.
thanks to everyone who replied. no, i dont know how to solder, i guess i have to bite the bullet and take it to a tech.
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808