So, I was looking at new humbuckers, both for bridge and neck, and came across the Duncan P-Rails. From what I read, and hear, they sound amazing. But, I was also recommened the SH-4 JB for Bridge, and Jazz for Neck. What do you think of comparing the two "sets?" If I got the P-Rails, I would get the full 3-way package.

It would be either on an LP or a '72 Tele Deluxe Reissue.

It would be four push/pull pots, 2 vol, 2 tone. The vol would be in charge of the rails, while the tone would be in charge of the P-90s. Both on, both activated, one on, one activated, and so fourth. That way, I don't have to do any extra drilling. One question. Would this really work? It seems to in my head, but I'm not quite sure, seeing as how I'm not electronically-inclined. Thanks!
i haven't tried the p-rails yet.

i'm not sure about the jazz/jb set- to me anyway, it's not so much a recommendation as the stock suggestion (sometimes with the jazz replaced by the '59) given by lazy/uninformed people almost regardless of the type of music played...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried the p-rails yet.

i'm not sure about the jazz/jb set- to me anyway, it's not so much a recommendation as the stock suggestion (sometimes with the jazz replaced by the '59) given by lazy/uninformed people almost regardless of the type of music played...

Yes, that's what I hear. Oh, and I'll be playing punk, pop/punk, indie, and alternative music too!
what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's your amp?

I've been going between the Traynor YCS50, YCV50 Blue, and the Mesa F-50.

Right now, due to price and sound, I'm leaning towards the F-50, which I can get for about 500-600 dollars.
ok... any of those should be pretty decent- i haven't tried the ycs or the ycv50, but i've tried the ycv40 and it's pretty nice. Another option would be the kustom coupe, it's bound to be worth a try too if you can find one.

regarding the guitar, a LP *might* be a little thick-sounding for some of those styles of music. if you like it, though, go for it.

i'd be inclined to go for something which is not too hot, in terms of pickups. i wouldn't bother changing pickups until you've got the guitar and amp, though, you may decide a pickup upgrade isn't necessary...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?