ok ok ok i dont need crap about how i have the thunderbird, but i'm looking for new pickups. what good pickups (used for metal) can be fitted in the thunderbird?
Mah Geah:
The Dreaded T-Bird
Ampeg BA115
Boss Bass Synth
Boss Bass Overdrive
Blue Steel Strings
Clayton Picks
Monster Cables

Coheed and Cambria: Rush, Iron Maiden, and Star Wars had a baby.
I dunno why people would give you crap about that, it looks pretty sick in general. Anyways I'm not too good with pickups, sorry. =/ Can't help ya much, I don't even know what kind my Explorer has in it. lol
My main squeeze is a
Gibson Explorer '76 Reissue
first off i'd try for some EMG's i don't care wat model and guy above me ur explorer prolly has the EMG's in it aswell
gear:
squier fat strat
fender 15 watt amp
yamaha f310
ibanez DS7(distortion)
My old Rhoads had EMGs in it actually, traded it in. I just looked up what mine has in it, original Gibson 496R/500T humbuckers. Or at least, they're basically identical to those in design. I R Guitar noob, but I do know what EMGs look like. xD;

This is all besides the point though, EMGs are very nice though.
My main squeeze is a
Quote by DedlokM44
I dunno why people would give you crap about that, it looks pretty sick in general.

you don't go to the bass forum much, do you? I'm guessing your only 'bird experience is with firebirds. the T-bird is a different beast altogether. The sound is horribly muddy, and it has awful balance problems.

I don't mean to give you s*** about it, TS, from your sig, I think you see the mistake you made. It's an Epi, right? And it was your first bass, wasn't it? You probably thought it looked cool and got it. nothing wrong with that, you didn't know any better.

Anyway, This one comes up on the bass forum all the time. The only direct replacement pups I know of are made by bartolini.

Any EMG-style soapbar housing will work, too, with minimal routing, but I wouldn't do it.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
You got me on that one. xD I've never honestly heard a Thunderbird, my mistake.
My main squeeze is a