When you start a tube amp, you are supposed to first flick the power switch from off to "on" then let it warmup for like 30 seconds then flick the standby switch to "on" right?

And when you turn it off, are you supposed to do the opposite?, that means first flick the standby switch from On to standby, then wait like 30 seconds and then flick the power switch from on to off

So is this correct?
When turning it off, you flick it to standby but then don't have to wait and can switch the power off immediately.
I just leave my standby switch to "on" so I never have to touch it, and just turn the power on and off..

I haven't had any problems.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
it doens't hurt if you flip them both on at the same time. It's nice to use the standby as a way of "turning it off" while keeping it warm though.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by strat0blaster
I just leave my standby switch to "on" so I never have to touch it, and just turn the power on and off..

I haven't had any problems.

well i think you should let the tubes warm up first, just as anybody who knows what their doing will tell you. your tubes might not last as long as they could...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
well i think you should let the tubes warm up first, just as anybody who knows what their doing will tell you. your tubes might not last as long as they could...

No kiddin... Didn't know that.

I'll give it a try, thanks.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
The whole purpose of a standby switch is to warm up your tubes before you begin playing, if you care about your amp you will use it.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.