Really simple question I suppose. What kind of cloth is on a normal amp covering? Does taking the cloth off make a large difference in sound?

Right now my cab only has a steel grill over the front of it, and I slid a piece of black burlap between the cab grill and speakers so you can't see them... bad idea?
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
No opinions? What kinda material is the cloth that usually goes in front of speakers lol.
Quote by sargasm
it's got to be open weave and acoustically transparent.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Can you explain open weave? Does that mean it has visible holes? And according to my google research burlap is relatively (not quite 100%) acoustically transparent. And when I tried it with my band for a short amount of time it didn't seem to alter my sound much at all.
Quote by sargasm
yeah, kind of looks like a screen.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Ok I thought so. Yeah it seems burlap will work. I really didn't get to play very long until the fires kicked us out of my drummers house.

But I digress. Thanks jj1565.
Quote by sargasm
no problem. just make sure the speaker isnt muffled, especially a closed back. you want it to be able to move air.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62