I have a Roland Cube 60, and ive had it for about one year and a half. All of a sudden it just stops working, and wont turn on. Then I play around with it, and it turns on. Thenthe next day, I tried for hours to get it to work again, but it wont. I dont know anything about electronics. Could someone tell me whats wrong and how to fix it???

MORE DAMN REPLIES!!!!!! CMON ITS IMPORTANT!!!!
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Nov 16, 2008,
is the fuse accessible on it? If so, check it... see if it's blown. That could be the source of all your problems.
K... well, it usually sits in the back of the amp, near where the power is (IE where the power cable comes out).. all the power runs through it, into the amp, and when there is a surge, it blows, and the power can't flow anymore. this is done so that the surge doesn't reach the amp's circuitry and damage the amp's internals.

the location of the fuse looks different of the amp, but it's essentially a little glass tube, when you pull it out... without pics of the back of the amp i can't really help you on where it is though.
K, so pull the fuse out, and if it's not blown it should look like this..

http://www.buildup-audio.com/tkxdoc/goods_img/fuse_agupt.jpg

and if it's not blown i can't really say what wrong, sorry .

if there's a break in the middle piece inside, it means the fuse is blown, and it just needs to be replaced by a new one with the same value!

they're pretty cheap... to prevent it from happening again invest in a decent power bar/surge protector.
If its the only fuse and its blown you just get another. There could be another fuse inside. If you put another one in and it blows right away then its probably gonna be time for a new amp. If your lucky its just a surge that blew it. But Ive never replaced a fuse in an amp because of a power surge. Theres usually a reason they blow.
Quote by Tackleberry
If its the only fuse and its blown you just get another. There could be another fuse inside. If you put another one in and it blows right away then its probably gonna be time for a new amp. If your lucky its just a surge that blew it. But Ive never replaced a fuse in an amp because of a power surge. Theres usually a reason they blow.

I've had one go because of a surge, but you're right... it's usually an indicator of a bigger problem.. hope not though