I just got a nice Guild-DV4 acoustic w/ satin finish. It will be staying in my room most the time so I'm wondering if it is ok to leave it out on the wall hanger. My room stays at around 73 degrees and 53% humidity. When I got it setup the guy said I should keep it in the case with the guitar humidifier, but I thought 53 is more than enough humidity to be able to leave it out right? thanks.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD
Last edited by schecter30 at Nov 16, 2008,
I mean yeah and no. It should be fine, but if the room gets dried out someohow, you never know unless its like a humidor. I use one of the planet waves ones for my taylor and it caost like ten bucks, so it wont break your bankaccount, and if it starts to dry out on the wall just stick it in the case with the humidifier
i enjoy head
Well I have a hygrometer in the room so I'll be able to see it. It shows the max/min humidity too. Would the Oasis guitar humidifier I have work with guitar out of the case or does it need to be enclosed in the case to humidify the guitar?
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Vibro Champ XD
not really, i think dampit with the soundhole cover will work though. you do have to watch out for fretboard/neck drying.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987641&page=1&pp=20
A lot of stuff is already answered here.

If your relative humidity stays at the right levels then all is well, but you won't be there to monitor it 24/7. As soon as a heater comes on, the dry air will really take effect. It's just safer to keep it in the case with the humidifier.

One thing about leaving your guitar on the hanger though... Make sure that none of the guitar touches any part of a wall. The temperature difference between your wall and the air in your house is rather large. Uneven temperatures on a guitar can cause one part of your guitar to expand/contract while the other tries to resist it and can lead to warping.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
K, thanks for the link and advice.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Vibro Champ XD