I want to put together an amp and because I'm looking for a Marshall sound I thought I might check out putting together a Ceriatone. The only problem is that I don't know if I can put together without messing it up. I've had some experience with modding and using a soldering iron, but just so you guys know the specifics I'll list the stuff I've done below:

-2 modded TS9s to TS808 specs
-Modded Crybaby
-Modded Dallas Arbiter Fuzz
-Homemade Roger Mayer fuzz
-Bitmo Valve Junior mods as well as a few others I've seen from Kurtlives and other people
-Mod on Blues Junior mids control
-Changed pickups in strat (Rockmonkey guitar pickups incidentally. Great pickups)
-Changed pickups in Schecter
-Killswitch installed in Schecter

BTW, how do you pronounce Ceriatone? Is it "Sir-eye-uh-tone" or "sere-ee-uh-tone"?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Last edited by VoodooCow229 at Nov 16, 2008,
you could do it without a problem
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
They do give you instructions right? Stupid question, but I want to be sure.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

No instructions, just a layout to follow.

Your dealing with high lethal voltages. Make a mistake and you could have smoke and fire. Follow the layout and you could have a nice sounding amp.

It's all up to you. I would get a bit more experience and learn more about tube amps first though.
^ yeah what he said
I'm planning on building a Valve Junior over the school holidays, but I am practicing my soldering skills and learning about electrical components etc by building a few effects pedals, I would reccomend building a solid state first and maybe a few tube preamps or something just to learn about how everything works...