I have a Kustom 30RC for my amp, and it's really not very good. Is it worth getting something like the Boss ME-50 to improve the sound or should I just save up for a new amp?

Also, is there anything better than the ME-50 for around the same price?
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
new amp, a good sound that goes through a crappy amp will turn out crappy
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Well, is it possible to get a good amp for around $300?
Quote by Spitz13
Quote by Uranutan

where do you live? what do you play?
Last edited by IamViva at Nov 18, 2008,
effects wont make a crappy amp good, but they can still be fun, and if its all you can afford....
i am a guitar straight into a single channel amp type of guy though so my opinion is a little biased.
Quote by Uranutan

All day long. Used classic 30, fender blues jr, etc. What kind of music do you play - bands etc. Do you gig? What kind of guitar do you use? Think used and yea, $300 goes a long way usually.
Yes, even new, you can get a Peavey Vypyr 75 for $300. Used, you can get a Peavey Classic 30/112, a Fender Blues Junior, A Peavey Valveking (not the greatest amp ever, but more gain than a Classic 30), and a B-52 AT-112 (most likely, anyway).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I like to play all sorts of music, from jazz to classic rock to metal. My guitar is an Epiphone G-400 SG. I'd prefer that it was available new rather than used for the price, but if I can get something a lot better used for the same price I'd go with that.
Quote by Spitz13
Also, size isn't really important. I'd prefer something that I don't need to crank up really loud to get a good tone out of, actually.
Quote by Spitz13
Will I need to bias the tubes or anything like that? I've never owned a tube amp before.
Quote by Spitz13
Vypyr 75W imo. Even though its SS, the transtube curcuit sounds almost like a tube amp. plus its got loads of versitlity for all those styles you play.
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
I got the Super Champ XD, but the metal tones are underwhelming. Would a new speaker like the Ragin Cajun help that? Also, is the only difference between the 75 and the 30 Vypyrs volume and the USB interface? What exactly does the USB interface do, anyway?
Quote by Spitz13