Page 1 of 2
remx15
379 IQ
So what is the worst injury you have ever sustained, and then played your guitar/bass/whatever of choice, either for practice, a show, or anything.

Mine:

Nearly cut off my index finger with a hedge trimmer 1 week b4 i played at a family bbq. got is stitched up, gauzed up, then played a VERY simplified bass part. It hurt like crap.

Now your turn.
slash4114
Doesn't really like Slash
676 IQ
uh i stubbed my finger once and still played that day.

im one tough muther.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

strat335
Dreeeeeeeeeam Weaver!
274 IQ
dislocated finger, then a few days later bought a new strat and played it all day.
HammettHead
The one they call... IT.
136 IQ
I played with a dislocated pinky.
Least I think it was dislocated. I dunno. It hurt like hell and but it popped back itself a day later :S
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
xxxanarchlxix
Slash_Page_420
23 IQ
One time I got so hammered I got my finger stuck in a closing van door and the nail on my ring finger fell off...Then I tried ot jam with some of my buddies and got blood all over my neck n shit....It was a messy scene man. lmao
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
2,988 IQ
sprained my ankle halfway through a rugby game, kept playing.

by the end of the game it was broken and I was in tears.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball
1,880 IQ
I had to play with sore abdominals.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
dubstar92
Freetarded
531 IQ
Umm my hand got bitten off by a zombie. I defeated the zombie and got my hand back and so it back on, but not before getting a major concussion. I then continued to practice my zombie raise and control song. Just couldn't quite get down that control riff.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Kid_Thorazine
Registered Sadist
267 IQ
I've practiced with broken ribs before.

oh and one time I played a gig after having my torso ripped in half.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
SGstriker
UG Addict
3,556 IQ
Ran in a cross country meet with a broken toe and something effed up in my knee.
Never found out what was wrong with my knee, but that was the most brutal 4 miles ever.

EDIT: Shit...I thought you meant "play a sport".

Hmm...
Well...
Uh...
I jammed a finger once.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Last edited by SGstriker at Nov 16, 2008,
slash4114
Doesn't really like Slash
676 IQ
Quote by dubstar92
Umm my hand got bitten off by a zombie. I defeated the zombie and got my hand back and so it back on, but not before getting a major concussion. I then continued to practice my zombie raise and control song. Just couldn't quite get down that control riff.

thats happened to you too?
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

saulhudsonslash
826 IQ
All of the nerves on my left arm were damaged from a slipped disc in my neck making my arm hurt whenever i struck chords and notes. I couldn't move my arm for 2 days afterwards.
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Checker
-_-
518 IQ
I snapped my collar bone all the way through. I had just started playing. Took the sling off and just went to my lessons and pretended I was fine. Now I have a massive lump sticking out because it didn't heal properly. It honestly looks like I'm growing a second head.

Edit:

I was high on morphine the first time and oxycontin for the rest of the time, so it wasn't that bad. The only plus about a serious injury...

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Last edited by Checker at Nov 16, 2008,
branflakes439
Get Crazy w/da cheesewhiz
297 IQ
Quote by dubstar92

I just have to say i love your Seinfeld quoted sig about the blood stains
landerson
Banned
52 IQ
I dislocated my shoulder once. I messed around for a while with the aforementioned injured shoulder, then it popped and felt better. It was by far the worst inury i've ever played with.
Last edited by landerson at Nov 16, 2008,
dubstar92
Freetarded
531 IQ
Quote by branflakes439
I just have to say i love your Seinfeld quoted sig about the blood stains

+1 for being the first to get it
and it is true, laundry probably isn't your biggest problem

Quote by slash4114
thats happened to you too?

yes, yes it has.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
SkullSplitter92
47 IQ
You know that scene in Saw IV where the girl gets her ribs torn out after trying to get the key out of the acid? Yeah, same thing happened to me the day before a show. Acid burned off both my hands, and all my ribs were torn out. Oh, and then when we got there, some guy busted my kneecaps with a baseball bat. And then Satan fell out of the roof and raped our drummer. He also shot our singer in the face. Then our bassist caught on fire.
But we still played, we're just hardasses like that.
tjbhdeath squad
UG's Favorite User
1,915 IQ
I never injured myself eversince i played guitar (4 years) except a broken ankle last spring, but about 3 months before i started playing guitar, i bent my middle finger (fret hand) back really far playing football, and now it extends back really far without force, wadduya know...

But my second joint on it sometimes gets dislocated sometimes especially when i do barre chords, so I stay away from them. It's not that big of a deal anymore when it get's dislocated though, i just pull on it, hurts like hell, and back to normal with a little sore.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
crazy8rgood
I'malrightifyou'realright
776 IQ
I was cutting some pork with a steak knife, and i went straight through the pork, and into my finger, and the knife stuck on something for a second, im thinking bone, and then i pulled it out, acted like nothing happened, ate my pork, then played guitar...

That hurt like a mother****er
Niht
Wat
11 IQ
Right arm snapped in half right above the elbow and the only way I could play was by propping the guitar vertically like a cello on a couple of boxes. Was absolute agony when it fell. It wasn't until the fourth week I could play normally and even then I couldn't play period until the second.
Tire Me.
Leads a crabcore band
629 IQ
Quote by Twist of fate
haha

Thank you Twist of Fate. (it feels weird typing that without putting "player.")

Srsly, tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMWl4lg_ypc There's a pretty fast solo at the end that he did perfectly with injury. He's the one on the left btw.

"Note: The guitarist and singer, I believe it's Sean, cut his hand early on, and yet continues to play like a madman throughout the performance. His white guitar was bloody by the end, but he never stopped or slowed down. How's that for dedication to your art?"
Last edited by Tire Me. at Nov 16, 2008,
IbanezDude6
UGs Penguin Ibanez Player
144 IQ
Quote by Tire Me.
My friend cut his hand at a show once.

He played a bloody good show too!

thats hardcore!
ratm92
Calm Like a Bomb
670 IQ
i played with a cast on my broken hand and with a sprained index finger on my picking hand
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
Maus24
UG Bewbie
83 IQ
A broken heart.

/emo
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
DrPants PhD
UG Newbie
142 IQ
Quote by Tire Me.

Holy sh!t that's brutal!!!

I wasn't injured, but with my first band, I played our second show with a sore throat, because I felt like screaming before the show (for fun, we were an alternative band)
Kensaі
Banned
10 IQ
I had to play without a penis one time. Actually, I've had to do that every show I've played.
Ticket48
-Thread Killer-
104 IQ
Muscle sprain to my left wrist. It was nearly impossible for me to play guitar.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
RocksAwakening5
a wild ug female appears!
228 IQ
Quote by Tire Me.

That is so sick. Go mow the lawn.
■■■
pancakes is ready!