which one? i think the only difference is the wood, but i don't know which should be nicer
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
none, all ibanez suck.. no offense, get a schecter or a epiphone and use ur dean man, thats a nice guitar,,,,u'll get ore reply's if u do links or more info
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by plunkett
which one? i think the only difference is the wood, but i don't know which should be nicer

out of those two i'd say RG2EX1 IMO

but if you have an extra 50 dollars or so get an RG3EXFM1 it has a really nice finish

EDIT- the mahogany will sound more bassy and nice but basswood is also alright as well

RG3-basswood w/ flame maple top
RG2-basswood
RG321-MAHOGANY
Quote by AA00P
Forget genres, the real conflict is in the subgenres.

"LOLZ UR MOOSICZ NOT BROOTALZ ENOUGH ITS SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACK METAL NOT SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACKENED DEATH METAL CHUG-CORE LOLZ!!!"
Last edited by Jared8998 at Nov 16, 2008,
my dean is a lemon and i want 24 frets and also a tremolo, that kinda rules out Epi's and the ibanez's are sexy :P
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
i only no 2 songs with 24 frets, just bend it, and a tremolo? it so anti-cool
^ save up for an rg1570, then, the trems on the low-end RGs aren't very good.

Quote by nowa90
none, all ibanez suck.. no offense, get a schecter or a epiphone and use ur dean man, thats a nice guitar,,,,u'll get ore reply's if u do links or more info

gtfo

are you seriously suggesting that a high-end ibanez (e.g. j-custom) is a worse guitar than a low-end schecter or epiphone?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ibanez hi end = sig guitars for famous players, and well a hi end epi is better then a low end ibana-crap, so there
Quote by nowa90
ibanez hi end = sig guitars for famous players, and well a hi end epi is better then a low end ibana-crap, so there

Holy shit, you mean a high end guitar will outperform a low end one?

I always thought it was the other way around, thank you for enlightening me.
^ +1, exactly.

Quote by nowa90

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/series_jp.php?series_id=1&year=2008&cat_id=1

not signature

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/series_jp.php?series_id=2&year=2008&cat_id=1

not signature

comparing a high end epi (assuming you mean the japanese-made ones, which are meant to be pretty good) to a low end ibanez is retarded too, and intellectually dishonest. you compare like with like.

i love what you did with ibana-crap, by the way, that was clever- the booker prize shortlist next year better watch out!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by nowa90

Omg GTFO
free speech, i like deans wayyy better then ibanez.. and by the way, all low end suck, thats why their called low ends!
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ +1, exactly.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/series_jp.php?series_id=1&year=2008&cat_id=1

not signature

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/series_jp.php?series_id=2&year=2008&cat_id=1

not signature

comparing a high end epi (assuming you mean the japanese-made ones, which are meant to be pretty good) to a low end ibanez is retarded too, and intellectually dishonest. you compare like with like.

i love what you did with ibana-crap, by the way, that was clever- the booker prize shortlist next year better watch out!
i dont speak japanese
Quote by nowa90
i only no 2 songs with 24 frets, just bend it, and a tremolo? it so anti-cool

Just because you only know two doesn't mean that there aren't plenty more.

Of course, if you want a trem that means that the 321 is out of running - it's a hardtail.

TS, I'd advise listening to Dave and saving until you can get an Ibby with a good trem.

Edit:

Quote by nowa90
i dont speak japanese

Well, what do you speak then?
It sure as hell isn't English.

Just look at the pictures then, that ought to be more on you level.
Last edited by Sir Anonymous at Nov 16, 2008,
Quote by nowa90
Quote by nowa90
Quote by nowa90
i dont speak japanese

Get the f*ck out hater.

I prefer Mahogany, so I'd get the RG321.
ಠ_ಠ
wait what the crap on both guitar's pages it says they both have a fixed bridge :\
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
In all honesty, in that price range you're better off getting a hardtail or non-double-locking trem. Unless, of course, you plan on swapping the trem out for something better.
ill only have a max of $300, and i really want a trem :\
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
what does that mean :[
i've never had a trem
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Well, there are double-locking tremolos, like most Ibanezes have. They have clams that lock the string into place at the nut and at the bridge. For the most part they have better tuning stability and better vibrato range than anything else. However, lower end ones are known to wear out quickly.

Non-locking trems are like the ones on Fenders. They don't lock at either end, so the tuning stability isn't too great; but they aren't much of a fuss to restring or retune. This convience comes at the price of not having as much vibrato range.

Someone else will probably be able to explain it better.
so can i not do some of the crazy trem tricks on non-locking? i know it wont be great on either
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Well, it depends on how crazy you want to get. You'll probably get away with a few of the more tame harmonic tricks on a non-locking, but you won't be able to do the insane stuff that Vai and Satch do.

On the other hand, Jimi Hendrix only ever had a non-locking.
:\ dang i really want some crazy stuff haha
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Quote by nowa90
free speech, i like deans wayyy better then ibanez.. and by the way, all low end suck, thats why their called low ends!

Free speech my hairy floppy dick, if we had free speech there would be almost no rules.
Quote by plunkett
:\ dang i really want some crazy stuff haha

Save up more.

When you'll get like $750 you'll have a good tremolo.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by nowa90

free speech is fair enough- it also means i have the right to say you're talking crap.

of course all low-ends suck, but some low-ends suck more than others. i mean, something like a yamaha pacifica 112 is a remarkably decent guitar for a beginner model. my complaint was that you were blanket comparing all ibanez models to all epiphone models, which is daft.

Quote by nowa90
i dont speak japanese

neither do i. a lot of that site is in english, plus the j-customs are japanese-market only, so it's the only ibanez website you can find them on.

Quote by plunkett
so can i not do some of the crazy trem tricks on non-locking? i know it wont be great on either

you could get something like a wilkinson (combined with locking tuners), that'd let you get more crazy than a strat-style trem, the problem is you aren't going to get those on a cheapish guitar either...

the big problem is that, as sir anonymous correctly said, cheapo locking tremolos generally are crap and will wear out quickly, not hold tuning well, and have poor sustain etc.

something like an ibanez s320/470/520 would be worth considering, if you can do without 24 frets (it has 22). The zr trem isn't exactly the same as a floyd (it uses ball bearings rather than knife edges), but it's a pretty good trem, is double-locking, and should let you get pretty crazy. that'd be my choice if you definitely need a trem. Make sure you try it first, though, i've heard the quality control can be a little patchy on them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?