I am looking at buying a new guitar I am of a intermediate skill level and have been playing for a year and I am looking at an epiphone les paul standard

I like bands like ac dc guns n roses metallica nickleback thin lizzy green day etc
my favourite music style is hard rock

I don't want to go over 400 pounds under 350 would be better

if u think there is a better option. or if u think this is a good choice just leave a comment
Last edited by paul1991 at Nov 16, 2008,
maybe a prs?
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Quote by Fender Usa
fat and horrible to play is my opinion on les pauls

i agree stay away
what's your budget and what's your amp? EDIT: nevermind about the amp, i saw your other thread.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 16, 2008,
prs se custom is perfect for all that, i have a epi les paul standard, im not crazy for it actually ill sell it to you if you want ??
ibanez rocks
Play a few kinds of guitars and see what feels most comfortable to you
From the bands you listed, a guitar with double humbuckers seems to be the way to go, so try out some different models and decide from there.
Some recommendations are SG's, Epi Les Pauls, PRS SE series, Ibanez, etc